Recent content by Red91sc

1. Red91sc

Layout options at main stack

Like so...
  2. Red91sc

Layout options at main stack

I've completed all plumbing for my 2nd floor bathroom addition. I'm at a point where I need to tie into the existing 4" cast iron stack and have a couple different layouts I would like some input on. Layout A This uses one less wye and looks cleaner in my opinion. My only concern is that I have...
  3. Red91sc

Adding 2nd floor bathroom, basic layout

Is the double wye OK? One side will have the sink, the other side the toilet, do these have issues with getting clogged? I can you a separate wye for each it just consumes more vertical space below as well as adds an additional 90 off the toilet...
  4. Red91sc

Who makes a good engineered solid surface shower?

I'm looking for a good brand that someone has experience with. Looking for engineered solid surface, 3 walls with a bottom pan. Prefer the subway tile look, 36"x48" size.
  5. Red91sc

Just making sure, so from what you see everything looks good?
  6. Red91sc

Do you mean the lav is already vented from the 3" stack and I don't need the vent going up? I thought the furthest you could go with 1.5" was 3'-6"...
  7. Red91sc

Here's the 3D layout I have mostly completed. Toilet is 3", shower 2", and sink is 1.5"
  8. Red91sc

Yes the vent goes straight up, there will be a wall there dividing the shower and toilet. I was also avoiding having to run any 3" thru the joist by doing this. The vent for the lav with go up inside the other wall and will carry overhead and connect back to the main vent line. I know it's...
  9. Red91sc

Attached is the basic layout I'm looking at adding to my second floor. Before I went into more detail with fitting types, sizes, and distances I wanted to make sure the basic layout I have is appropriate. For reference this area is roughly 8' x 7'.
  10. Red91sc

Horizontal vent 6" clarification

See attached picture. If the red line was a horizontal section of vent 6" above the flood level of the lower fixture, would this still be legal? I believe so but wanted to confirm.
  11. Red91sc

Verify this tub vent is incorrect

After 70+ years of soap scum, corrosion, etc it was about 3/4" diameter on the inside which resulted in slow draining.
  12. Red91sc

The area directly above this line is bathroom floor. So the only way to run a correct vent would be to re-route the trap towards the closest wall, run the vent vertical, then have a few 90's to get back to the main location?
  13. Red91sc

I'm planning on adding a 2nd floor 1/2 bath in the future. Here is what I currently have in my 1940's bungalow. A full bath where I've replaced some of the old cast iron that became too small. Before I get into other questions I wanted to verify that this galvanized vent location for the tub...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks