Verify this tub vent is incorrect

Users who are viewing this thread

Red91sc

Reaction score
I'm planning on adding a 2nd floor 1/2 bath in the future. Here is what I currently have in my 1940's bungalow. A full bath where I've replaced some of the old cast iron that became too small.

Before I get into other questions I wanted to verify that this galvanized vent location for the tub was incorrect. This should have to travel vertical until 42" or 6" above the sink before traveling horizontal, correct?

Attachments

• Capture+_2019-01-02-20-57-53.png
    Capture+_2019-01-02-20-57-53.png
    159.5 KB · Views: 234

Red91sc

Reaction score
The area directly above this line is bathroom floor. So the only way to run a correct vent would be to re-route the trap towards the closest wall, run the vent vertical, then have a few 90's to get back to the main location?

Red91sc

Reaction score
After 70+ years of soap scum, corrosion, etc it was about 3/4" diameter on the inside which resulted in slow draining.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks