Verify this tub vent is incorrect

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Red91sc, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Red91sc

Red91sc New Member

I'm planning on adding a 2nd floor 1/2 bath in the future. Here is what I currently have in my 1940's bungalow. A full bath where I've replaced some of the old cast iron that became too small.

Before I get into other questions I wanted to verify that this galvanized vent location for the tub was incorrect. This should have to travel vertical until 42" or 6" above the sink before traveling horizontal, correct?

Attached Files:

2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Plumber
    [​IMG]

Yes.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Red91sc

Red91sc New Member

The area directly above this line is bathroom floor. So the only way to run a correct vent would be to re-route the trap towards the closest wall, run the vent vertical, then have a few 90's to get back to the main location?

5. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Plumber
    HOW did the old cast iron "become too small"?

6. Red91sc

Red91sc New Member

After 70+ years of soap scum, corrosion, etc it was about 3/4" diameter on the inside which resulted in slow draining.