Recent content by JoeJee

1. JoeJee

Branch entering from top or side?

What is your preference? Does it mater if a sewer line branch enter the main from the top or side (pitched 1/4), or are there times you would do it and not others? I try to enter from side but about to start a job that would be much easier to enter from the top. Thought I would see how everyone...
  2. JoeJee

CSV Experiences

Installed mine a few years ago with no problems. I kept my 30-40 gal tank b/c we have it set to higher pressure. We have a shop up an hill. Enjoy the constant pressure for watering lawn and long showers. I would recommend one.
  3. JoeJee

PEX Home Run vs recirculating loop?

My understanding w/ HP water heater and some on demand water heaters is you use a small electric WH in the loop instead of the main WH. Are your Hot water lines and return lines insulated?
  4. JoeJee

Considering a CSV but I have a yard hydrant at the well.

I dug down to the pit less adapter, cleaned up the pipe and then installed the CSV. The two capped pvc lines are for the hydrant and the other for the shop. Then used a few boxes to cover and bury. Still have access and hasn’t frozen. Edit: I kept pressure tank and switch inside the house.
  5. JoeJee

New Pump Sizing?

Thank you for the information. I will definitely keep my current CSV despite the well companies suggestion. I am going to ask for a revised quote based on your recommendations. Would a 20 GPM 1.5 HP pump or possibly a larger one (if needed to go lower) be ok on 1” schedule 80 PVC? How low could...
  6. JoeJee

New Pump Sizing?

Some help if anyone can. We are experiencing substantial pressure loss when we have multiple people showering and will be adding more showers this year. Currently 4.5 showers. We will eventually have 3 dwellings plus a shop on the property. Total of 9 showers and 11 bedrooms. Current well info...
  7. JoeJee

Horizontal above slab?

Am I able to leave this pipe in this configuration (running horizontal above slab before going back vertical) without problems? Or could it cause venting issue’s being a wet vent group?
  8. JoeJee

Horizontal above slab?

Pulled vanity to make room for a double sink and found this. Can I leave it this way or do I need to break out the concrete and bring it up in the wall? It is on an AAV. No idea how it is done below slab.
  9. JoeJee

Help with refrigerator waterline, and HVAC duct

Absolutely not. Supply Ductwork is for air, not water lines. In the off chance your lines breaks or has a pin hole leak it would cause lots of damage. You then also have the issue of sealing up the entry and exit points assuming you don’t puncture the pipe along the way. Just run the water line...
  10. JoeJee

DWV pipe...what schedule?

For me I use sch 40 Inside the house. From house to septic tank sch 40. Not sure what people use from house to city sewer. Septic is mostly 35 except for 10’ out of tank which is 40.
  11. JoeJee

When to replace a working toilet?

My house has two toilets that are stamped 1983. They seem sturdy and don’t have many issues with clogging. They are off colored a bit and could use new seats. Is there a time recommendation on toilets or is it more about when they finally break you replace? I ask because I will replace...
  12. JoeJee

Floor plan help/suggestions?

I’m about to hire an architect or draftsman but wanted to get as much of a layout done beforehand. It has been suggested that the kitchen be closer to the garage but not sure how that would fit. This is a second floor addition that is separate from the 1st floor. - WS pipe is from lower floor...
  13. JoeJee

Considering a CSV..

Yes, he took an ohm test but I didn’t really catch the number. He did say there wasn’t a good way to tell if it is the wire and/or pump that is allowing the path to ground other than pulling the pump. The amp draw was 6.2-6.8 amps and he said it was within spec. Is there literature on what ohms...
  14. JoeJee

Considering a CSV..

Hired a local company to come out and check well and look it over. I will say he isn’t a fan of cycle stop valves. He had his list of reasons why: would get dirty and stick, make noise, to much heat, high pressure in lines. Anyway, I eventually told him I would look at all my options when the...
  15. JoeJee

Overthinking Bathroom dual sink water connections with PEX A?

Not fully understanding but also not paying close attention because it is Sunday night. What size of pex? Can you draw what you are planing?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks