DWV pipe...what schedule?

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
What is the correct PVC pipe to use for DWV in a residential home in IPC territory?
I have done a lot of piping of various things with sch 40 PVC. I know there is thicker and thinner pipes but always gravitated to the 40. I even did all of my irrigation in sch 40 knowing full well that most companies would have used thinner pipe. I just have seen that stuff crack and break too often.
I am about to buy some substantial quantities of 3" and 4" pipe meant for my home sewer system. I would just like to make sure I am purchasing the right stuff. I know there is sch 40 PVC labeled as DWV. I know to use the DWV fittings not the higher pressure ones. Is there a more appropriate pipe sch I should be using? Lighter, thinner, maybe cheaper? hub end or clean end?

What specific pipe do you professionals use?

JoeJee

HVAC Contractor
Reaction score
For me I use sch 40 Inside the house. From house to septic tank sch 40. Not sure what people use from house to city sewer. Septic is mostly 35 except for 10’ out of tank which is 40.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks