Does anyone know where this wire goes?

Users who are viewing this thread

usklx77

Reaction score
Hey all, does anyone have any idea where this bare wire goes? It got pulled out while installing a Frigidaire dishwasher. It's the white wire connected to the water inlet.

Attachments

• IMG_20200519_161236.jpg
    IMG_20200519_161236.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 163

usklx77

Reaction score
You have to check the wiring diagram to see where the valve's "neutral" connection goes.

Thank you for your response! It definitely goes somewhere, right? I can seem to see where it could go, esp due to its short length.

Reach4

Reaction score
Could it have been spliced in with the other nearby white wires under the black tape?

usklx77

Reaction score
Could it have been spliced in with the other nearby white wires under the black tape?

Doesn't seem like it, but I will check right now! I ran the wash and nothing happens, so it definitely controls the water. But it's so short with no where to go that it's driving me crazy! I checked the wiring schematics and it's supposed to go with another white wire. Everything seems fine.

Reach4

Reaction score
I would probably remove that black stuff that looks like tape, and solder the wires together. Then put tape over the solder.

It could have initially have been crimped in the white connector that has a black and white wire. If that was the case, the wire pulled out of the crimp that holds the other white wire.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks