Water Main inside has a slow leak

Users who are viewing this thread

Vagrantx291

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've posted here before (although awhile back). I'm pretty good with some of the more basic stuff but this one I'm just not sure about since I've never seen these type of fittings before. I've got a water main with the meter inside my house and its started to have a slow leak recently. Below are the photos of the part which strangely has what looks like an intentional cut in it I'm guessing so it can be tightened. I haven't tried tightening to see if it would fix it because I'm not sure if that will cause any issues or if this is something my township has to fix if its connected to the water main inside for the meter.

Last edited by a moderator:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Tightening that "cut" would not stop the leak, because it is just a retainer clamp. If anything you have to loosen the bolt, tighten the nut, and then tighten the bolt again. But, since that is a water company part, they may have to be the ones who do it.

MACPLUMB

In the Trades
Reaction score
The rule is if it is before the meters water,gas,or electric it belongs to the provider if after the meter then it is your problem
cable and telephone it is at the point of connection to the house

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks