Venting question

Users who are viewing this thread

Jwill

Reaction score
See attached picture below...

I'm currently working on a basement renovation. As part of that, we ripped out an old bathroom and are re-doing it. We busted up the concrete and laid new ABS piping for the toilet and shower. I need to still add the vanity drain connection. I also wanted to add a sink to the opposing wall which happens to be the laundry room. Is the venting situation correct for what I am trying to do? I know the yellow part would be considered a wet vent but not sure if that would be a big deal or not. Or do I need to run vent lines from each

1. Is adding two sinks this way okay?
2. Is venting this way okay or do I need to run vent lines up from each sink drain run?

Blue pipe = what is currently run and approved by inspector
Yellow shading = wet vent ??
Green = proper vent (at least I think so) ??

Thanks in advance for all you help!!!

- Jon

Vent Diagram.png

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The yellow pipe is a drain, not a "wet vent" and the shower is NOT vented. The green horizontal line is also not a proper vent. The type of fitting you used for the two sinks might also be improper depending on what it is.

Jwill

Reaction score
Thanks. Even if I don't do the laundry sink, it still wouldn't be right? I wish the inspector would have told me that before he passed it and before I put the concrete back. That is going to be an awkward conversation when he comes back for the 4 way rough in. Hmm, now I'm not sure what to do.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
If it has already been inspected and passed, then it is probably NOT going to be an issue. What COULD be an issue is the size of the pipe you are using for the drain. If it is 2" it will be okay, IF you use the correct "4 way connection". If it is 1 1/2" it will not work and you won't find the correct fitting in that size anyway.

Jwill

Reaction score
Thanks, I'm hoping it will be okay. I checked it again this morning and it is a 2" drain pipe coming up from the floor. I'm assuming that the correct 4-way connection you are talking about is a double sanitary tee? Thanks again for taking the time to respond.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks