Need advice on basement bathroom layout.

Users who are viewing this thread

Johnk23

Reaction score
Hello everyone I have currently a toilet and sink drain roughed in my basement. I would like to add a shower and need advice on this. In the layout you will see where I would like the sink/vanity to be and the shower.
Few questions I have.
I would like to know if I could put the sink in the location marked in the diagram and run the 1 1/2 inch pvc along the walls to the drain/vent.

For the shower drain I would need to know what size pipe I will need and do I need a vent pipe for the shower or can it be wet vented like the toilet?

Also, since I have to open the floor I will move the vent /drain in the stud wall.

The blue lines show what I believe the pipe run is as the Main waste line is 13 feet away from toilet drain. Also there is no injector pit pipe is directly in the ground.
RenderedImage.jpeg
IMG_4571.jpeg

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks