This is interesting

Users who are viewing this thread

Cookie

Reaction score
Wow, I just looked him up, you are lucky, he is beautiful. I copied a picture of him, is this him?

He is gorgeous. I love him. Can you take a picture of him? Maybe, sitting on your finger? :D

Cookie

Reaction score
Thank you Terry for posting my birdie picture. lol, Isn't he cute?
Mikey, I got enough of hobbies, :D But, I do like watching the birds.

How old do you think this baby hawk is? And, is he a Cooper for sure? I love him.

Cookie

Reaction score
One day when I retire, I want to open a bird santuary, hire a vet to work it, while I play with them. :) Red Oak Mountain in Al, has got a great one. I will send Terry pics , and he can post them. :) When I lived there I was helping with the owls. We had one who got injured, and I fixed its boo boos. I love Owls.

Cookie

Reaction score
They are so fantastic! I love them. You must had been really paying attention to see them, they are hard to see here. I miss them all the times in the trees, I only see the owls when they are perched on my deck railing. The absolute coolest bird. I will have to get out my owl pics this weekend, I am holding the injured one on my arm. I had a hard time walking past the pet store yesterday, I wanted to go in and buy a finch.

Mark, how often do you see those owls?
Aren't they great, you are so lucky to see them in the trees. I get so excited whenever they come down to the deck.

I am lucky in the sense I got alot of wildlife on my property. My neighbor had a black bear come down to hers, she felt alittle different, lol.

Last edited:

Steveyent

Reaction score
Here's some robins (I know, not as cool, but they have since grown and left the nest) Birds,FortEdmonton,and churches 001.jpg

Birds,FortEdmonton,and churches 058.jpg

Cookie

Reaction score
OH MY GOD, THEY ARE GREAT!

i love them... to pieces.:):)
Where was this nest at?
You were so lucky to see this! They are fantastic, they remind me of my kids, lol.

Last edited:

Steveyent

Reaction score
These robins nest at my house, on the windowsill of my garage every year(last 5 years or so). I wait till they're done with the nest and then clean it off. They rebuild again in the spring. I was worried that getting that close they might not come back, but they don't seem to care.
steve

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
That's a pretty cool picture.
I had birds nesting above my bedroom window this year.
Do you know how early birds rise?
And how noisy they can be?

Love the picture.

Steveyent

Reaction score
I'm well aware of how noisy they can be, especially when your year old dog thinks it is APPROPRIATE to bark at them at 4:30 AM(which is when it starts getting light this far north) But, it's still cool to see some nature out here in the boondocks of Alberta....

Cookie

Reaction score
I don't know about the dog barking, but, I love waking up to 2 sounds, either birds or the ocean, they both are so relaxing. I have a red cardinal who can say one word, " wierdo." He can say it really clear and it is really funny, he says it over and over. I love it.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I have a humming bird feeder on the deck outside my bedroom...
Very Cool!
I'm still trying to get pics but they are very tough to catch a shot of!
Very skitish!

We have a lot of nesting ospreys around here.
Its pretty wild watching them catch fish...
They are just flying along circling looking...
Then all of a sudden they just crash into the water...
Almost like that has to hurt...
Then they take off again with a fish in their claws...

Sometimes when I'm fishing I feed them...
Catch a fish and injure it so its not swimming too well...
Throw it back in and wait for the osprey to get it...
Watch them slam the fish 10 feet from the boat...
Not just cool its awesome!:cool:

Cookie

Reaction score
I was alittle lucky here, I caught this guy in flight. I saw two today. They are fast!

Last edited:

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Cookie I saw that several years ago.
On the last page there is a link to pictures from a 2003 nest...
Check it out!

They are amazing!
I did manage to be on the deck one day standing about 3 feet away from the feeder (really still) and have one come in and feed.

Cookie

Reaction score
Just fed this guy an apple...
Isn't he wonderful?

Last edited:

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Cookie, I was looking for a picture of an Osprey fishing hoping to show you their technique which looks more like a crash but didn't find what I was looking for... I guess I'll have to try to catch that shot myself.

I did manage to find this great article though... lots of good pics!
http://www.naturephotosociety.org.sg/ASP/Article.asp?DBAPublishDate=3/3/2003
http://www.naturephotosociety.org.sg/ASP/Article.asp?DBAPublishDate=3/17/2003

Here in Connecticut a small highly populated state we seem to be getting a few of the big guys moving in... The animals seem to have figured out that if they move in close enough they don't get shot at and the populations are taking off. The deer population has always been high and in the last 30 years populations of a few other animals has gone from non-existant to scary. We now have Coyote, Black Bear, Moose, and known but undocumented Cougar populations, to name a few of the top of my head.

It hits the news when a black bear decides to go for a walk in downtown Hamden wich has a population density of about 1,800 people per sq. mile average for the whole town.:eek:

When a moose decides to go for a walk on I-95 which has about 150,000 vehicles a day traveling on it, the moose gets on the news then too!:eek:
As they say in Maine... I Brake For Moose!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks