This is interesting

Users who are viewing this thread

Cookie

Reaction score
This beautiful bird in an apple treecalling to his/her mate in a nearby bush. Does anyone recognize what kind it is?

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
The bird sure looks like the Gray Catbird picture you linked to. Here is its mate in the appletree, the first one, was in the Rhodie... my mistake.

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
It impresses me that there is a whole world up in those trees. One day, I can imagine I will be runned over while walking, by a mack truck. I am always looking up. At least I am not text messaging, lol.

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
This bird here, actually says a word. This bird has been coming around since 2001, I don't know what their life span is but, he is an oldie, I think in bird years.

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
It is really funny, it is very clear and loud. He says the word, " wierdo" over and over and over. I don't know if he is calling his mate or addressing some other neighbor, lol, certainly, not me, :)

I will record him, it is unbelieveable.

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
I don't know for sure, lol. I could ask him... :D
It is kind of funny, when you have company over, you all are sitting there, including your priest friend, and you not only hear the burgers sizzling but... " wierdo, wierdo, wierdo..." I ignore it until, someone asks, " who is that?"

The only time it got worrisome was when I had a relative over who is schizophrenic.

Cookie

Reaction score
I think my little hawk was back today all grown up. It was amazing. I was standing in my kitchen making dinner for me, eggs and pancakes when I saw this huge bird fly onto the deck. Here it was the hawk. He is so beautiful. I ran for the camera and the battery needed recharged (which it is doing now) but, the amazing part is coming next.

I headed outside with my dinner, lol, and he never moved off of the deck. He sat there and I fed him pieces of pancakes and my eggs ( poached) he ate from the bowl. I petted his head.

I would not recommend for anyone at home to do this.

This is him in his younger days.
attachment.php
Wait until, you see him now.

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
The battery didn't charge soon enough. Ah, well. I will catch him next time, but, I really did pet him, feed him, and thought he was neat. :)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks