Standpipe drain for washing machine and iron curtain/H2O softener

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Kdogat, Jun 11, 2014.

1. Kdogat

Kdogat New Member

I'm attaching some pics of my basement setup. Would like some tips on installing a standpipe drain(s).

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2014
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

I can't see on the picture how the small pipe ties into the larger cast iron pipe, but sometimes you have a 2" hub there where you can install a larger 2" pipe.
    Regardless, you would wye off the horizontal there, and run similar to the sink waste, with a santee on the vertical, trap arm and p-trap, and then tie the vent back at 42" above the floor to the other vent.