Shower valve with male thread

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by dougeefresh, Sep 19, 2012.

1. dougeefresh

dougeefresh New Member

Hello.
    I just bought a shower valve from Price Pfister and it has male threaded ends.
    Is it OK to just sweat the copper tubes on directly or should I go through female threaded ends? Any reason not to solder on the tube directly on the male end? Thanks!
    Great forum by the way!
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

If you can insert the copper there, then that's the second option you have. I would solder the pipe and skip the fittings.
  3. dougeefresh

dougeefresh New Member

It fits well just like any others without the threads so I will solder them on.
    That was an awesomely quick response. Thanks, Terry!
  4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

That is the way a plumber would do it. But, it is INTO the threaded end, NOT ON it.
  5. dougeefresh

dougeefresh New Member

Hi, hj,

Yes, that's what I did and it worked like a charm.
    Thanks!