Seattle Seahawks vs Denver Broncos. NFL Super Bowl 2014. Post your thoughts here!

Discussion in 'Sports, Seahawks and Broncos in Superbowl' started by Terry, Jan 20, 2014.

?

Who wins the Super Bowl?

1. Seattle Seahawks

50.0%
  2. Denver Broncos

50.0%
  1. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Seattle Seahawks vs Denver Broncos. NFL Super Bowl 2014. Post your thoughts here!

NFL Super Bowl XLVII
    Sunday, February 2, 3:30 PM on FOX
    MetLife Stadium, East Rutherford, New Jersey

This should be a good game between the high powered offence of the Denver Broncos and the the tough defense of the Seattle Seahawks.
    The betting line has been shifting overnight, with the Broncos being favored to win. There are so many ways to look at this matchup and so many story lines that will be written.
    What is your pick? and Why?

Superbowl Quiz

Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
  2. DonL

DonL Jack of all trades Master of one

I hope your team wins Terry.

I think the players are overpaid, and Most people can not afford to go to a game.

I Bet that both teams will be heading to the local Head Shop for some Red Bud, after the game, Win or loose.

Enjoy the game and the post party, I will be watching.
  3. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

Rocket Scientist, yes, tickets are beyond many of us mere mortals, but there will be no empty seat in the stadium, and it's the TV revenue that pays those huge payrolls, not ticket sales. The NFL still bans the use of weed, state laws not withstanding. Doesn't mean no one will use, but they do so at their own risk. As far as being overpaid, that's a matter of opinion. These men are highly skilled at what they do, and they are only getting those checks while they are able to perform, and that can end in a split second with an injury. I personally know several former players who have serious lifelong disabilities due to injuries on the field. Even without debilitating injury, the playing career is just a few years. Of course I'm rooting for the Hawks, and it will be interesting to see 2 excellent QBs with very different styles go at it. I just hope the weather is reasonable.:)
  4. DonL

Nice post Gary.

The only reason the seats are filled, is because sponsors paid for TV time, not a blackout.

They gave tickets away to homeless people so that all tickets were sold and it would be on TV.

Maybe it was the cheerleaders that got them to the super bowl and not the weed. Both are banned before the game, But not after.

It will be a game worth watching, enjoy it.
  5. craigpump

craigpump Member

Broncos, I like Peyton Manning and would like to see him retire with his health and two rings.

Richard Sherman is the poster boy for "money doesn't buy class".
  6. Terry

Funny you say that. Richard Sherman is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet.
    And he's getting almost the NFL minum wage, no thanks to his old college coach at Stanford, Jim Harbaugh who had bad mouthed him to the other teams.
    Richard Sherman had hoped that Jim would have drafted him. That didn't happen, and the Seahawks took him with a 5th round draft choice. We in Seattle see him as a first round player, and the best at his positon.
    Richard has turned into the best at his position in just his first few years. The other players are glad to have him, and the fans are glad to have him. If you knew the back stories, you would realize that he's been getting a bad rap.
    Right after the game, he jumped into the stands to celebrate with the fans.

So not a guy you would want on your Superbowl team? That's way okay with us. We're looking foward to Superbowl Sunday, with Sherman, with our third round pick, "too short" for the NFL quarterback, with our mediocore receivers, and the running back that the Bills didn't want. And you can add to that, the coach that couldn't coach in the NFL. It seems to be working for us. :)

I like this video made by ESPN
    http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=10068892
    Sport Science examines Seahawks CB Richard Sherman's speed, size and anticipation, which makes him one of the most dangerous defensive backs in the NFL.
  7. craigpump

craigpump Member

I never really paid attention to him until his interview after the game, and you know the old saying about first impressions.
  8. Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer In the Trades

The fix is in. The game will go to Denver. A Denver win generates the most profit.
  9. Terry

I hope a fix isn't in. The Superbowl with the Steelers was tough enough to watch with all the ref mistakes.
    There are plenty of story lines to this Superbowl without the NFL inserting it's own line of thinking.

Here is a nice story about Richard Sherman today.

[h=1]What Richard Sherman Taught Us About America[/h]

10. Terry

Also this
    http://twogromsandamom.com/2014/01/20/richard-sherman/

One of his professors in college.

Later this week I will be posting stories about the Broncos and other Seahawks
    Please add you stories about your favorite players on those teams here. Peyton Manning has been having a killer year, and other on the Broncos have been really good too.
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2014
  11. Terry

[​IMG]

Post San Francisco/Seahawks game with my brother James P. Love from Virginia.

I'm looking forward to watching the Seahawks and Broncos in the Superbowl.
    I watched the Denver game earlier in the day, and Peyton Manning was sure looking good. It's going to be a fun match up.
  12. DonL

Nice picture Terry.

New York Sucks, just the way that the Mayor put down Houston, and bragged about getting our Space Shuttle chapped my ass.

I still cant keep enough chap-stick on hand to get over his BS.

It will be a good game.

What is kick off time ?
  13. Terry

NFL Super Bowl XLVII
    Sunday, February 2, 3:30 PM on FOX Pacific
    6:30 PM Eastern.
    MetLife Stadium, East Rutherford, New Jersey

There is never a reason to talk smack politics. It's okay in sports though.
    At least that's what I like doing.
    I may lose the first game by more then 10 scores, but I might win the second game. And then go have a beer with whoever I played with.
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2014
  14. GTJackets

GTJackets New Member

I disagree. The guy just makes a play to win the NFC Championship game and a reporter shoves a microphone in his face. What did you expect a poetry reading. He gets cut a break in my book.
  15. wjcandee

wjcandee Wise One

Congratulations, Terry!!
  16. Terry

Thanks! It was nice winning this way. I think the 12th Man was there in force. I was waiting to hear "Omaha", but never did. It was a Seattle home field advantage, and the players were amazing. It was a great job by the Hawks.
  17. jim mills

jim mills New Member

Wow. I had no idea the Seahawks defense was so good! Congrats!
  18. Terry

Thanks Jim.

Here's how the 12th Man keeps in shape for these games.

[​IMG]

Pam, working out with her weights. 96 and going strong.

[​IMG]

And with my Brother in Law, Omar after the game.
    If her smile looks a little crooked, that's from childhood polio.

[​IMG]

My mother in 1978 standing up in blue, by my dad. The poster is one that my mother would bring to the games. She brought a new one for ever game. When the players came out of the tunnel, they would look to see if they played well enough the week before to make the poster.
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2014
  19. johnfrwhipple

johnfrwhipple Bathroom Design & Build - North Vancouver, B.C.

What a great game.

The Hawks dominated.

I don't watch Football other than the big game and it was a real treat to cheer on Seattle.
  20. DonL

Congratulations Terry.

Good game.

I thought the only team playing was the Seahawks there for a while.

Great win.

I hope your Wallet is Fatter today.