Seattle Seahawks vs Denver Broncos. NFL Super Bowl 2014. Post your thoughts here!

Who wins the Super Bowl?

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Seattle Seahawks vs Denver Broncos. NFL Super Bowl 2014. Post your thoughts here!

NFL Super Bowl XLVII
Sunday, February 2, 3:30 PM on FOX
MetLife Stadium, East Rutherford, New Jersey

This should be a good game between the high powered offence of the Denver Broncos and the the tough defense of the Seattle Seahawks.
The betting line has been shifting overnight, with the Broncos being favored to win. There are so many ways to look at this matchup and so many story lines that will be written.
What is your pick? and Why?

Superbowl Quiz

Last edited:

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
I hope your team wins Terry.

I think the players are overpaid, and Most people can not afford to go to a game.

I Bet that both teams will be heading to the local Head Shop for some Red Bud, after the game, Win or loose.

Enjoy the game and the post party, I will be watching.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Rocket Scientist, yes, tickets are beyond many of us mere mortals, but there will be no empty seat in the stadium, and it's the TV revenue that pays those huge payrolls, not ticket sales. The NFL still bans the use of weed, state laws not withstanding. Doesn't mean no one will use, but they do so at their own risk. As far as being overpaid, that's a matter of opinion. These men are highly skilled at what they do, and they are only getting those checks while they are able to perform, and that can end in a split second with an injury. I personally know several former players who have serious lifelong disabilities due to injuries on the field. Even without debilitating injury, the playing career is just a few years. Of course I'm rooting for the Hawks, and it will be interesting to see 2 excellent QBs with very different styles go at it. I just hope the weather is reasonable.:)

Last edited:

DonL

Reaction score
Nice post Gary.

The only reason the seats are filled, is because sponsors paid for TV time, not a blackout.

They gave tickets away to homeless people so that all tickets were sold and it would be on TV.

Maybe it was the cheerleaders that got them to the super bowl and not the weed. Both are banned before the game, But not after.

It will be a game worth watching, enjoy it.

Craigpump

In the Trades
Reaction score
Broncos, I like Peyton Manning and would like to see him retire with his health and two rings.

Richard Sherman is the poster boy for "money doesn't buy class".

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com

Funny you say that. Richard Sherman is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet.
And he's getting almost the NFL minum wage, no thanks to his old college coach at Stanford, Jim Harbaugh who had bad mouthed him to the other teams.
Richard Sherman had hoped that Jim would have drafted him. That didn't happen, and the Seahawks took him with a 5th round draft choice. We in Seattle see him as a first round player, and the best at his positon.
Richard has turned into the best at his position in just his first few years. The other players are glad to have him, and the fans are glad to have him. If you knew the back stories, you would realize that he's been getting a bad rap.
Right after the game, he jumped into the stands to celebrate with the fans.

So not a guy you would want on your Superbowl team? That's way okay with us. We're looking foward to Superbowl Sunday, with Sherman, with our third round pick, "too short" for the NFL quarterback, with our mediocore receivers, and the running back that the Bills didn't want. And you can add to that, the coach that couldn't coach in the NFL. It seems to be working for us. :)

Carroll defends his cornerback.
"You're talking about a guy in a warrior's mentality in the middle of everything," he continued. "He's a fiery guy. That was Richard being Richard in a moment where you would like to pull him to the side and take a knee for a while, then we'll talk to you.
"It's unfortunate that it was so crazed, but that's who he is. His mental make-up to get ready for that matchup was expressed right there so he could play the way he can play. Unfortunately, sharing with the world, it didn't come across so well."

"Richard is a wonderful spirit. He's got an amazing heart and he has great sensitivity. He goes all the way to the end of the spectrum when it comes to expressing himself."

Sherman, the son of a garbage man and mother who works with disabled children, is no slacker. He graduated second in his class at Compton’s Manuel Dominguez High School, where he played football and ran track, said the school’s football coach Keith Donerson.
“He only received one B, and that was in health class,” Donerson told NBC News.

I like this video made by ESPN
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=10068892
Sport Science examines Seahawks CB Richard Sherman's speed, size and anticipation, which makes him one of the most dangerous defensive backs in the NFL.

Last edited:

Craigpump

In the Trades
Reaction score
I never really paid attention to him until his interview after the game, and you know the old saying about first impressions.

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
I never really paid attention to him until his interview after the game, and you know the old saying about first impressions.

The fix is in. The game will go to Denver. A Denver win generates the most profit.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The fix is in. The game will go to Denver. A Denver win generates the most profit.

I hope a fix isn't in. The Superbowl with the Steelers was tough enough to watch with all the ref mistakes.
There are plenty of story lines to this Superbowl without the NFL inserting it's own line of thinking.

Here is a nice story about Richard Sherman today.

[h=1]What Richard Sherman Taught Us About America[/h]
This is a guy who represents one of the best kinds of sports stories there is in the world: the rise from the bottom, the profound destruction of obstacles, the honest success story built by a foundation of hard work and loving parents.

Firstly, we're talking about a 25-year-old who came out of the streets of Compton, California. Sherman graduated from one of the worst school districts in the United States, one that boasts a high-school graduation rate of 57 percent. In a country where 68 percent of all federal and state inmates are lacking a high school diploma, you could say Sherman avoided a horrifying fate. But to say he "got lucky" or "escaped" would be foolhardy. He didn't "just graduate," either. He finished with a 4.2 GPA, second in his class, and went on to Stanford University, one of the most prestigious places to get an education in the entire world. He busted out in a rocket ship. He went from a world of gang violence and drugs to everything that Palo Alto and Stanford University represent.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Also this
http://twogromsandamom.com/2014/01/20/richard-sherman/

One of his professors in college.

Later this week I will be posting stories about the Broncos and other Seahawks
Please add you stories about your favorite players on those teams here. Peyton Manning has been having a killer year, and other on the Broncos have been really good too.

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
seahawks_s1.jpg

Post San Francisco/Seahawks game with my brother James P. Love from Virginia.

I'm looking forward to watching the Seahawks and Broncos in the Superbowl.
I watched the Denver game earlier in the day, and Peyton Manning was sure looking good. It's going to be a fun match up.

DonL

Reaction score
seahawks_s1.jpg

Post San Francisco/Seahawks game with my brother James P. Love from Virginia.

I'm looking forward to watching the Seahawks and Broncos in the Superbowl.
I watched the Denver game earlier in the day, and Peyton Manning was sure looking good. It's going to be a fun match up.

Nice picture Terry.

New York Sucks, just the way that the Mayor put down Houston, and bragged about getting our Space Shuttle chapped my ass.

I still cant keep enough chap-stick on hand to get over his BS.

It will be a good game.

What is kick off time ?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
NFL Super Bowl XLVII
Sunday, February 2, 3:30 PM on FOX Pacific
6:30 PM Eastern.
MetLife Stadium, East Rutherford, New Jersey

There is never a reason to talk smack politics. It's okay in sports though.
At least that's what I like doing.
I may lose the first game by more then 10 scores, but I might win the second game. And then go have a beer with whoever I played with.

Last edited:

GTJackets

Reaction score
I disagree. The guy just makes a play to win the NFC Championship game and a reporter shoves a microphone in his face. What did you expect a poetry reading. He gets cut a break in my book.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Wow. I had no idea the Seahawks defense was so good! Congrats!

Thanks Jim.

Here's how the 12th Man keeps in shape for these games.

seahawks_pam_weights.jpg

Pam, working out with her weights. 96 and going strong.

seahawks_pam_omar.jpg

And with my Brother in Law, Omar after the game.
If her smile looks a little crooked, that's from childhood polio.

seahawks_blue_wave.jpg

My mother in 1978 standing up in blue, by my dad. The poster is one that my mother would bring to the games. She brought a new one for ever game. When the players came out of the tunnel, they would look to see if they played well enough the week before to make the poster.

Last edited:

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
What a great game.

The Hawks dominated.

I don't watch Football other than the big game and it was a real treat to cheer on Seattle.

DonL

Reaction score
Congratulations Terry.

Good game.

I thought the only team playing was the Seahawks there for a while.

Great win.

I hope your Wallet is Fatter today.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks