Roof Drain Vent

Discussion in 'Drain Cleaning' started by wee-haggis, Jan 11, 2014.

1. wee-haggis

wee-haggis New Member

I suspect that debris has fallen into my one and only roof,drain vent (this has still to be confirmed).
    If indeed this is confirmed to be the case, is there such a thing as a ABS Roof Vent Cover ?(like a ABS Cap with multiple holes or slats in it )
    Thanks
  2. cacher_chick

cacher_chick Test, Don't Guess!

Some plumbers use a pair of 90 degree bends to turn the top of the pipe downward.
  3. wee-haggis

wee-haggis New Member

Yes....I have seen this, but it still leaves the end fully open (I read about critter issues and acorn deposits etc).With the amount of snow we get , the 180 degree facing end would be blocked by snow easily.
    Thanks anyway
  4. Reach4

Reach4 Active Member

5. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

With snow country, they often upsize the vent as it extends through the roof to prevent frost and ice from closing up the vent.
  6. Hairyhosebib

Hairyhosebib New Member

I would climb on the roof and stick a garden hose in and turn it on. I work at a University. We had a set of bathrooms that were causing trouble. With a whole bunch of kids around there is occasionally some bored student that loves to do something like stuff a toilet full of paper towels until both bathrooms flood, day after day. I would really love to kick their asses too! But upon taking a vent apart to run a bigger cable and camera through we discovered a very large cockroach colony. There were hundreds of cockroaches in hundreds of sizes going a hundred different directions including up our pant legs! NASTY!