Outdoor Prier faucet threaded or soldered?

Users who are viewing this thread

igneousc

Reaction score
Our outdoor faucet has been leaking from the handle, so I was either going to replace it or fix the seals. In doing that, I snapped the handle(it was brittle). I bought a new faucet, but now I cant tell if it's soldered or screws on? I unscrewed the 2 screws, and tried to loosen it with a wrench but it didnt budge. I didnt want to snap anything, so I didnt try super hard. It has those square tabs on each side, so Im guessing that it is threaded, but I cant tell when I look at it from the basement side. It doesnt seem to move much if I pull on it.
edit -thought I inserted the picture, guess I forgot:
IMG_20140701_160806.jpg

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
That's a thread on. Maybe you can just unthread it, by most of the time we work from the other side on these.
If it's copper back there and you put a wrench on it, it can cause some serious damage to the pipe behind it.

NPMSTR

In the Trades
Reaction score
Website
www.prier.com
That faucet may be threaded or soldered, you can't tell from this picture. The casting is the same so there are wrenching flats on either style. We do make replacement stems and handles for that valve. You probably need a packing kit (C-134KT-803) and a handle kit (C-134KT-805) and you can reuse the existing stem and valve stem cap. Here is a link to the spec sheet: http://www.prier.com/images/stories/documents/specs/C-135-F.pdf

Good luck

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks