Help with OLD Woodford outdoor faucet model identification

Users who are viewing this thread

robcon27

Reaction score
ADDED ADDITIONAL PHOTOS
Good afternoon. I'm a homeowner with the DIY mindset on repairs and by no means a plumbing expert, so I figured I would ask for some help from the professionals. The house was built in the mid 60's and had an large add-on done in the mid 70's. I've done the basic plumbing repairs/installs around the house and I've always managed to pin down the manufacturer/part numbers on plumbing stuff except for this. It's a Woodford outdoor spigot, it's leaking constantly when turned off, I assume it's original from the 70s. I can't find any model number on it anywhere, the only noticable number is a #8 stamped on the side of it, I've searched my a** off looking at photos for comparison but I can't find anything concrete identifying that model number. My best guess is it's freezeless model 14. I need to fix it but I'm not sure what stem/cartridge or any other parts to buy, there is no shut off valve for this so turning the water off to the house, removing the stem/cartridge to try and identify the correct part and then trying to find it isn't a great option unless absolutely necessary. I will attach photos, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Screenshot_20240416-133555~2.png

Attachments

• PXL_20230404_000631126.jpg
    PXL_20230404_000631126.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 25
  • Screenshot_20240416-133609~3.png
    Screenshot_20240416-133609~3.png
    1,006.9 KB · Views: 21
  • Screenshot_20240416-133605~4.png
    Screenshot_20240416-133605~4.png
    977.5 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

robcon27

Reaction score
Thank's for the attachment, that's different than all the ones I could find. I didn't realize the other photos I tried to add did attach so I added additional photos. If I had to guess, the #8 stamped on the side of the faucet is likely referring to the stem length being 8". I didn't catch it before but it looks there's a L stamped on the opposite side, not sure if that relates to stem length, size or it's a left hand turn. Thanks again for the reply.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks