Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
proflex.jpg

I like using these couplings.

I would see how high you want the tub drain, line up the two tees, and figure on a 2" piece of pipe out of the lower one to the coupling.

Then I would connecto onto the galvanized for the vent above. That means you could reduce to 1.5" above the top tee.
The bottom tee for the washer would be a 2" santee, the top tee could be a 2x1.5x1.5 tee for the tub.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Use PVC and 2 of the couplings Terry shows above. You can get them at Low*s they might be another color.

2 other things. Be sure the pipe coming from the washer has 1/4" per foot of pitch and it needs to be supported in at least 1 place and 2 places would be better.

You can add a Y and clean out cap to it (vertical run) for easy access in the future for snaking.

Bbillcee

Reaction score
this is a very supportive forum

thanx for the help

i will let u know how it goes

is cutting cast very difficult with the sawzall?

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
You can do it but it may take some time. Do you have a circular saw that you can put a solid fiber metal cutting blade into? That will cut most of the way through faster. Then finish up with a sawsall or just try the sawsall. They make sawsall blades for cast.

Bbillcee

Reaction score
i don't i have enough clearence behind the pipe to use the cutter:(

i will try getting the cast sawzall blade

how long would it take to cut a 2 inch piece with proper blade?

Bbillcee

Reaction score
also how hard is it to open those joints on the cast???

after i cut the gal i want to maybe pull that section right out from the top collar the just cut the lower piece out

pvc2.jpg

Markts30

Commercial Plumber
Reaction score
Here is the "revised" plumbing...
I added an AAV on the slop sink as well as the washer...

Attachments

• drain.jpg
    drain.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 2,077

Markts30

Commercial Plumber
Reaction score
Just spent 6 hrs last weekend drawing up a library of 1-1/2, 2 and 3" PVC fittings...
Now have to do 4, 6, 8 and 10" PVC fittings...

Bbillcee

Reaction score
well this is what i did today!!...the vertical run was originally crooked so i put it back crooked ...i might offset to straighten out but thats it for now....do u really think the second AAV is a must?

finalpvc.jpg

Markts30

Commercial Plumber
Reaction score
ChrisNJ said:
That cad is beautiful! What program did u use?
I used plain Autocad 2004 by Autodesk - but all the fittings and pipe I have drawn by hand - extruded them along the fitting centerlines etc...
They are correct in dimensions and takeoffs...
I do it for fun... (closet geek)

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The tub is vented by the vent already.

You only need to have the AAV on the washer, or you could have revented back to the vent that the tub used at 42" above the ground.

Markts30

Commercial Plumber
Reaction score
It would appear you used fernco's (rubber coupling bands with stainless clamps but no sleeve) to couple the pipe in - this is wrong as there is no support for the joint - It will move around....
The transition couplings have to have a metal sleeve around the rubber part...

Bbillcee

Reaction score
markts30 said:
It would appear you used fernco's (rubber coupling bands with stainless clamps but no sleeve) to couple the pipe in - this is wrong as there is no support for the joint - It will move around....
The transition couplings have to have a metal sleeve around the rubber part...

10-4...can i buy those sleeves separately or u have to but the whole thing?

also those sleeves wrap right, i don't need to take the whole thing apart to put them on?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks