New Drain Set Up...does it look right?

Users who are viewing this thread

TedL

Reaction score
The sleeves are part of a different style of connector (the style in the pic Terry posted above).

You can't just add them.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
The ones you have now must come off and install the new ones, they are totaly different.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
you may have a problem depending on how much space you have between where the banded coupling goes. Normaly you want only about 1/4-3/8" between the 2 pipes being joined.

Bbillcee

Reaction score
Cass said:
you may have a problem depending on how much space you have between where the banded coupling goes. Normaly you want only about 1/4-3/8" between the 2 pipes being joined.

i think i have less than that but we will see....the top one i think will be simple....the bottom might be a bit rough..

TedL

Reaction score
Cass said:
Do the bottom one first.

Among other reasons, at the top, if you wind up short, you can easily (cut back if necessary and) add a decent sized length with a PVC coupling, then use the Proflex to connect. (E.g., adding 1 inch isn't doable. Cut 11" and add 12" to get there.)

Bbillcee

Reaction score
well it worked out well....after i but in the bottom the top was to long so i trimed about 3/8 in off put the connector on, folded it back over itself and slip it in!!!

all done...the drain is snaked and no back up of water into sink anymore...

i might add the proper vent at a later time but i'm done for now

my sincere thanx to to terry,cass and rest of the crew who showed me what to do!

u will find me around alot as i learn about this new trade....thanx again

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks