Need washer & sink plumbing setup advice.

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by AnthonyC, Jul 1, 2013.

1. AnthonyC

AnthonyC New Member

I have been searching high and low for info on how to setup plumbing for a washer and sink and finally found this drawing on this site. The diagram is close to what I need except my sink is on the left side and the washer is on the right.

Base on this diagram, can I run the sink drain below the washer drain or run the washer drain directly to the vent and add a new vent above 42" to the sink drain instead? Reason for asking is to avoid cutting too many holes on the wall stubs.

Plumbing2.jpg

Thanks
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2013
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

More like this?
  3. AnthonyC

AnthonyC New Member

Thanks! That's perfect. --

Oops spoke to soon. Here's the issue I having.

The vent line is about 7 feet to the right side of where my sink and washer are. From your picture, I can't get the sink drain line to the sink inside the 4" wall. I can run the drain line outside of the wall but was hoping to hide all the pipes.

Issue -

Sink.jpg

Will this work?

Sink2.jpg
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2013
  4. John28

John28 Member

Not sure if you'd should tie the sink drain in below the standpipe? Probably above?
  5. John28

John28 Member

What was the outcome?