How to add a laundry sink to existing setup

Users who are viewing this thread

JS9488

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I'm looking for suggestions on how to add a laundry sink to my existing laundry room setup (see pic). The pipe that the washer is currently draining into runs right to our sump pump. It has run fine this way for years. I'd like to add a utility sink to the right of the washer, but wondering how I can drain the sink. I'm a DIYer and newbie plumber, so looking for simple fixes. Hoping to avoid having the washer drain into the sink.

I'd like to have both drain into the existing pipe running along the wall, but unsure how to accomplish this. My thought was to cut the vertical pipe and add a "Y" piece so that the washer can drain on top, and then I can run the sink hose into the drain at a lower point.

Looking for easy fixes! Thanks!
Picture1.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks