i need help findig a pump (used only summer mts)

Users who are viewing this thread

dssgateway

Reaction score
my moms home has a well that they used back before county water came this far out. my house is
about 2ooft away. i built a pool in 1992 and it developed a leak. i went to the well and primed the myers pump that had no use in 15 yrs. after the 300 ft run to my pool, the preasure was enough to keep my pool full but that was all it could do. i went and got another myers pump thinking that would increase the presure but it did not. i am thinking that the pump must have been a 1/2 hp from the price i paid (between 450 and 500 dollars). anyway the pump was stolen and i had 150 mt water bills all summer. i think the well is 90ft deep and its a jet. can anyone help me find a pump that will give me about 1000 gallons a day. i am unemployed now so i am hoping i won't have to spend the money that i spent on the myers pump. thanks for any help in advance. jim

Thatguy

Homeowner
Reaction score
1/2 hp @ a 90' head with a 50% efficient pump will give you 11 GPM.

Last edited:

Thatguy

Homeowner
Reaction score
Speakinawhich, does anybody make remote sensing flowmeters/pressure gauges that mount at the pump, for troubleshooting purposes?
Between those and an ammeter/voltmeter you can probably troubleshoot/diagnose the whole system without lifting a wrench.
Pay now or pay later.

dssgateway

Reaction score
1/2 hp @ a 90' head with a 50% efficient pump will give you 11 GPM.

thanks for your responce, do you or are you allowed to recommend an online store that gives good service and that i can call and
tell them that i want a 1/2 hp @ a 90' head with a 50% efficient pump, and they will know exactly what i need, as i know nothing about pumps
as i'm sure you can tell, except it's a jet pump. thanking you again in advance for your help. jim

dssgateway

Reaction score
yes, i have put 2 new liners in in the last 5 years, but they all seem to get leaks with unfindable tears from kids and adult partys. plus the well water is cheap enough to keep the pool very cool in the real hot days. this year while using county water conservatively, the water was sometimes too warm to go in. i know that sounds like bull, but it's really the truth.
also i hired a guy to come in and find the leaks with a sonar hearing device and after finding 2 holes, it slow the leaking down for a few weeks, but it started leaking again. the cost of that service was 350.00, so if i can just get a pump that will pump 1 to 3 thousand gpd i'll be happy as long as i can hook it up to the 2 hoses for the jet pump and they all seem to have the same size ends. thanks for your response. jim

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks