Hex wrench for Leak faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

BillyBlueJeans

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I need your help because I am currently fixing our leak faucet. I found a youtube video
on how to fix it but in the video his faucet is a different brand(I think). I already took out the logo(Hot/Cold) but it has some hex screw inside it that I cannot remove, I already tried all the hex screwdriver we had but nothing fits that allow me to remove. Based on the youtube video to fix the leaky faucet is I need to replace the cartridge inside it.

So I attached the picture of my faucet you might know what hex size and what catridge is needed I need to buy basing on what it looks like. I live in 10 year old condominium if that helps.

Attachments

• IMG_6132.jpg
    IMG_6132.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 275
  • IMG_6130.jpg
    IMG_6130.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 271
  • IMG_6133.jpg
    IMG_6133.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 361
  • IMG_6131.jpg
    IMG_6131.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 259

BillyBlueJeans

Reaction score
Well, are you sure you tried all size hex wrenches? There are metric and SAE.
I already tried all the hex wrench I got, but half of them are too big and others are too small to make contact. I am not sure is the hex wrench used in faucet standards?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
SAE relates to an American standard (i.e., inches like 1/8", 3/16", etc.). Most of the rest of the world uses metric, as in 3mm, 4mm, etc. Assuming your set is SAE (i.e., in incremental inches), you need to buy a second set that is metric. Hopefully in the process, you haven't rounded out the hex socket.

If you have a Harbor Freight around, you can get a set cheap, but they aren't expensive anywhere, like HD, Lowes, Target (probably), or Sears if there's still one around where you live. Just like when maybe working on your car, you may need SAE sizes for an American one, or metric for most everyone else's. Considering a bunch of American cars are actually made elsewhere (a lot of Buicks are made in China!), even they may have metric.

BillyBlueJeans

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

New update I was able to open our faucet with a correct size of hex wrench the next problem is our faucet is no where near the setup with the video I posted above.

I tried removing all the screw and things that I could remove but the "cartridge" cannot be pulled. Not sure if I had to remove first the blue(4th image) but I cannot remove the blue so that I could pull the "cartidge"

Attachments

• 1st remove everything first (1).jpg
    1st remove everything first (1).jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 254
  • 2nd parts removed.jpg
    2nd parts removed.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 258
  • 3rd Not sure but I removed a screw in the back.jpg
    3rd Not sure but I removed a screw in the back.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 237
  • 4th Now I am stack and not sure if I could pull the catriege or I need to remove something.jpg
    4th Now I am stack and not sure if I could pull the catriege or I need to remove something.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 245
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks