Help me ID what I need for garden tub faucet install?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by Carl C., Jul 26, 2014.

1. Carl C.

Carl C. New Member

Hi,
    I'm Carl from Texas - I'm a disabled woodworker who has spent 2 years building an outdoor shower out of reclaimed timber and pallet wood. I'm including a sample photo of my project, along with a random Googled photo of a garden tub to show a tub similar to mine. I have a garden tub that I'll be installing very soon, and I am unsure of what plumbing parts/supplies I need to install two faucets and the tub spout.

Would someone here kindly point me online to an affordable rough in valve kit for my install? I think that's what it's called but I'm not very experienced in this stuff. I already have the faucets and tub spout, and need the rest of what I'll need to hook it all up.

The pretty door with the ray pattern and butterflies is the door to my outdoor shower.

Thanks in advance for any assistance provided here!

Attached Files:

2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

I am not sure if you helped or hurt yourself, because once you bought the "Faucets and spout" you committed yourself to buying ONLY the roughin kit that fits those parts.
  3. Carl C.

Carl C. New Member

Hi,
    I'm hoping it didn't hurt me too much - would it be possible to list the specs for the faucet and spout, and receive an opinion on what I'll need as far as a rough-in kit?
  4. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Delta makes a nice Roman tub faucet.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  5. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

We need the make and model of the parts, not their specifications to make a recommendation. As a practical matter, in most cases a given set of trim will only fit ONE roughin valve although many trims will fit that one valve.