Looking to replace an old Pegasus 1000 Series Shower. What are my options?

Users who are viewing this thread

kherbine

Reaction score
Hi there, I am looking to replace an old Pegasus 1000 Series Shower (813-936G) that includes Tub spout W/O diverter, Shower valve with Diverter, and Trim. I am not the original homeowner. Through contacting Danze/Globe Union, I was able to find out the brand and model of this shower and even was sent a full part list for possibly ordering replacement parts (attached). However, I am looking to update the look of the shower and bath without the need for a plumber. Since this shower/bath system is a "1 Handle with diverter on escutcheon" type system, can I replace the shower hardware (IE diverter assembly, faucet cartridge, Shower Trim/Escucheon, shower lever, and tub spout) without needing to replace the rough-in valve? I am currently looking at Danze/Gerber kits such as the Parma/Lemora/Tribune/Sirius. What are my options? Do I have to stick with the Pegasus 1000 series and just buy replacement parts if necessary, or can I install a new system without fitting in a new rough-in valve? I am confident I can install/exchange cartridges and diverter valves but I do not have any experience with soldering or any sort of pipe fitting. Any help would be great!

Pegasus 1000 series (813-936G)
Screenshot_20240220_174124_Outlook.jpg

Parts list
Screenshot_20240220_174150_Outlook.jpg

Options I want to replace with (Gerber/Danze)
replacementoptions.PNG

dnlyen

Reaction score
Hi, I'm in the exact same situation with the same shower Pegasus 1000 shower system. I've been wanting to replace the trim kit as well just to update the look of our shower. I've been browsing around for kits that would be compatible but it's been a struggle so far. Following along to see if you found one that works or if anyone else has any suggestions.

kherbine

Reaction score
Hi, I'm in the exact same situation with the same shower Pegasus 1000 shower system. I've been wanting to replace the trim kit as well just to update the look of our shower. I've been browsing around for kits that would be compatible but it's been a struggle so far. Following along to see if you found one that works or if anyone else has any suggestions.
Just an update. I'm still not able to find affordable replacement parts for it yet. Globe Union sent me the parts number and you can find some on findpartstoday.com, but they are expensive ($100+ for just tub spout). I also tried my luck at replacing with similar style Gerber parts (Parma shower set) and nothing fits the old valve and trim. I decided to just take apart the trim and levers and clean with CLR. Still have no idea how to take tub spout off since it doesn't have a set screw and it simply does not budge when I try to unscrew. Good luck with your project and to hell with Pegasus!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks