Faucet change

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by stephnej, Nov 26, 2004.

1. stephnej

stephnej New Member

Faucet change

I have a Jacuzzi tub and it is leaking slowly at the spout and at the valve. I wanted to get a new handle. so, will any handle fit the tub? it is a pull out handle now and I wanted to upgrade it. is it a matter of taking out the old one and putting a new one in? or is it more involved? I see the spout is easy. just unscrew and put another. what do you all think?

Stephen
  2. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Faucets parts are definitely NOT universal. You need to determine the exact make and model of your faucet and get the excact replacement parts.
  3. LonnythePlumber

LonnythePlumber Plumber, Contractor, Attorney

Replacing vs. Repair

Stephen, I presume you realize that replacing a spout doesn't keep it from leaking out the end.
  4. stephnej

stephnej New Member

LonnythePlumber

No, why is it leaking? is it because of a worn washer?
  5. LonnythePlumber

LonnythePlumber Plumber, Contractor, Attorney

Washer

Yes it is a washer or a cartridge. Handles control the on and off of the water. Their parts get worn and allow some water to get past and come out the end of the spout. If the water is coming out around the handles then it is the o rings that have become worn. It would be a value if you could post a picture of your faucet.
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2004
  6. stephnej

stephnej New Member

Lonny, thanks. as a matter of fact I just purchased a digital camera and will be taking many pics and posting them along with questions. like they say, " A picture is like a thousand words".

yes, the faucet is dripping at the handle and the spout, "double trouble".