Exposed rotor head pictures

Discussion in 'Irrigation / Sprinkler Forum' started by vaman, Jun 1, 2010.

1. vaman

vaman New Member

Here are two pictures that better explain my situation with the exposed rotor head. One shows the exposed head and the other shows the supply line. You experts toss around all kinds of terms about the supply line which I don't understand so I thought the picture would best explain the situation.I replaced the entire rotor head unit with the same model as the original and did nothing to the supply line. It is lying horizontal in the ground. Only thing I can think to do is cut the supply line and add some extra so I can bury it deeper.Ideas are appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. BRD

BRD New Member

First thing to do is is to cap the fitting so dirt does not enter. The fitting appears to be connected to swing pipe which is very flexable. Dig back and expose the swing pipe for about 12" or so. this will give you room to lower the head a couple of inches. If the swing pipe is short where you do not have much flexability, you may have to dig back to the line that feeds it and lower it a bit. Put teflon tape on the fitting before replacing the head.
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Black pipe is unusual so what you can do depends on whether the pipe is rigid or flexible, and how you could connect any revisions to it, since black pipes can seldom be glued.
  4. vaman

vaman New Member

Did as you suggested and it worked! Thanks