Drain shoe gasket will not seal on new Kohler acrylic tub

Users who are viewing this thread

discodizan

Reaction score
Tried installing a new Kohler Proflex K-1142-R-0 bath tub today and ran into an issue with the drain hole in the tub. The thickness of the acrylic material where the drain hole was drilled varies significantly from front to back of the hole. So when you try installing the drain shoe, the gasket get pulled tight on one side, but doesn't seal up tight on the other. I have tried two different drain kits with the same results - leaks. Any ideas? Additional or thicker gasket material? Try "shaving" down the thick side of the opening to get it equal?

Thanks,

k-1142.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

discodizan

Reaction score
Update: After lots of back and forth with Kohler, they finally sent someone out to inspect the tub. They agreed that it wasn't going to work "as is". Their service contractor then built up the thin side of the opening with a filler material, basically looks like bondo. So far so good in that I got the tub installed and it doesn't leak anymore. However I am still waiting to hear from Kohler on how they will warranty the repair.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks