below-sink hose connector?

Users who are viewing this thread

coyote2

Reaction score
For years I've loved having a simple garden hose adapter on the end of my kitchen faucet (stock photo below) so I can get hot water into the yard every month or so.

But I'm about to have a pull-down faucet* installed, and it seems such an adapter won't work on them, so...

Is there some sort of under-sink adapter I could have installed (it would only need to tap the hot water line)?

*I'm still deciding which (maybe a "Kohler Simplice K-647" or a " Hansgrohe 06460000 Allegro E SemiPro").

msg0517290424485.jpg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
We install a lot of the Kohler Simplice K-647 faucets. I like em.

Is your kitchen sink on an outside wall? If so, have you considered adding a hosebib off the kitchen sink plumbing?

coyote2

Reaction score
We install a lot of the Kohler Simplice K-647 faucets. I like em.

Is your kitchen sink on an outside wall? If so, have you considered adding a hosebib off the kitchen sink plumbing?

Thank you very much Terry, that's a great idea!

I see there is already a cold water hosebib on the outside wall opposite the undersink hot/cold shutoff valves. I'm optimistic my landlord will agree to let me have this done even though I suppose another hole in the outside wall would be necessary for a pipe to a hot water hosebib.

I hope it's OK if I also ask how much a plumber might charge for installing a hot water hosebib and a faucet?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Do yo know what a Kludge is? There are "ready made" fittings which would have done the same thing in less time and without the possibility of a leak, and NO permatex or anything else that you used.

coyote2

Reaction score
Thank you very much for your replies, Smooky and hj!

Here is a link to something similar to what you could do. There are easier ways to do it than what they show but you will get the basic idea.
http://rougeriverworkshop.blogspot.com/2011/11/unorthodox-hose-faucet-installation.html

Here is an adapter tee for a 3/8 inch compression angle stop:
http://www.lowes.com/pd_79781-104-LFPBAV-666_0__?productId=3135295

Very interesting!

Do yo know what a Kludge is? There are "ready made" fittings which would have done the same thing in less time and without the possibility of a leak, and NO permatex or anything else that you used.

I'm thrilled to hear that, since I'm afraid my landlord would have justified objections to the potential for leaks in a kludge-y solution.