below-sink hose connector?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by coyote2, Jun 2, 2014.

1. coyote2

coyote2 New Member

For years I've loved having a simple garden hose adapter on the end of my kitchen faucet (stock photo below) so I can get hot water into the yard every month or so.

But I'm about to have a pull-down faucet* installed, and it seems such an adapter won't work on them, so...

Is there some sort of under-sink adapter I could have installed (it would only need to tap the hot water line)?

*I'm still deciding which (maybe a "Kohler Simplice K-647" or a " Hansgrohe 06460000 Allegro E SemiPro").

msg0517290424485.jpg
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

We install a lot of the Kohler Simplice K-647 faucets. I like em.

Is your kitchen sink on an outside wall? If so, have you considered adding a hosebib off the kitchen sink plumbing?

3. coyote2

coyote2 New Member

Thank you very much Terry, that's a great idea!

I see there is already a cold water hosebib on the outside wall opposite the undersink hot/cold shutoff valves. I'm optimistic my landlord will agree to let me have this done even though I suppose another hole in the outside wall would be necessary for a pipe to a hot water hosebib.

I hope it's OK if I also ask how much a plumber might charge for installing a hot water hosebib and a faucet?
  4. ankhseeker

ankhseeker Member

Maybe your washer is close to an outside door? You could always get the hot water from there, but wouldn't make it permanent.
  5. coyote2

coyote2 New Member

I actually don't have a washing machine!
  6. Smooky

Smooky Member

7. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Do yo know what a Kludge is? There are "ready made" fittings which would have done the same thing in less time and without the possibility of a leak, and NO permatex or anything else that you used.
  8. coyote2

coyote2 New Member

Thank you very much for your replies, Smooky and hj!

Very interesting!

I'm thrilled to hear that, since I'm afraid my landlord would have justified objections to the potential for leaks in a kludge-y solution.