am standard champion toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

SWOODY22

Reaction score
HELLO TO ALL. I was wondering what everyone thinks about the american standard champion toilet ..does everything flush good .. I would like to know if there are any concerns or problems with this toilet. I am in process of putting a new toilet in my upstairs bathroom and would like a good toilet for there...could spend about $300.00 plus ..please give me ideas....thanks in advance to all....

RioHyde

Plumber
Reaction score
I havent installed the American Standard Champion so first hand knowledge I dont have. I did inquire about this toilet at one of the plumbing supply houses I use though. What they said was that they are getting quite a few complaints/returns with these toilets. Like I said, this is second hand info, but they're the ones selling them. I'm sure others on this forum have been installing them. Perhaps they've had better luck with them.

Have you considered one of the Toto toilets? If you're looking to spend about $300 many of the Totos fit into your budget. You might want to take a look at the Toto Drake. Its a great flushing toilet.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
When the Champion works, it works fine.

When the flush tower starts to wear, then it won't let enough water out to complete a flush.

When the flush tower leaks, a seperate problem, you can always contact A/S for a new seal.

by the way, some report that the tank moves a little, I don't consider that an issue.

Last edited:

SteveW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Check out the comments on this web site -- click on the links on Terry's note above.

I'm thinking of replacing a Crane Economizer (which has a Flushmate system in the tank), due to wife's complaints of noise (and need to double-flush frequently). I looked into the Champion (on this site) due to its recent ads in DIY mags, but have decided against it because of comments I've read here. I am planning to use a Toto, probably UltraMax. Just need to find out how to buy one in Omaha, NE.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks