Search results

1. bigwooo

How to plumb septic where drop is > 1/4" per foot

I'm plumbing from the house to my septic tank. Using 4" ABS pipe, the drop from where the pipe leaves the house to the septic tank is about 4' over a 110' run. Roughly 2x the recommended drop. I'm in Mexico, so there is no code. Do I put a 45 somewhere to create a step that will make up...
  2. bigwooo

Delta R1000 installation question.

I'm installing a Delta R1000 rough in valve body into new construction. I'm not a plumber, but because of lack of resources here in Mexico where I'm building, I have to install it myself. I have a question about the location of the front of the plastiguard bonnet. The instructions say it...
  3. bigwooo

Pump and Cistern design help

I'm building a home in Mexico. My water is trucked in and stored in a 10,000 gallon underground cistern. I'm using a Dankoff standard speed booster pump http://www.solar-electric.com/iss-2920-12.html and an 85 gallon pressure tank. My pressure switch is set at 40-60 with 38 psi in the tank...
  4. bigwooo

Hot water recirculation for only one sink

I am in the process of building a new home. All my showers, sinks, etc. are close to the water heater except the kitchen. I want to recirculate hot water to the kitchen only. I'm using a Pex home run system and thought this might be a good plan to recirculate hot water to the kitchen only...
  5. bigwooo

Shower valve that's easiest to install in block construction

I'm building a new home in Mexico. The construction is 8" block. I've been looking at shower valve assemblies and trying to decide if one or another would be easier to install in block construction. Most of the installation packets I've read only describe installation in wood frame...
  6. bigwooo

good quality shower valves for low pressure system

I'm in the process of building an off grid home in Mexico. My system relies on a 12 volt pump, pumping out of an underground storage tank to a pressure tank. My pressure switch will be set a 30-50 psi, meaning when the pressure drops to 30 psi, the pump will turn on and fill the pressure tank...
  7. bigwooo

Pex in Block Construction

I plan to install Uponor pex fittings, pipe, and manifolds using a home run system. I'm building in Mexico where there are no PEX experts, myself included. The floor and ceiling will be concrete. Walls 8" block. I have a couple of questions/need advice: 1. From what I understand Pex...
  8. bigwooo

Wisbro PEX compatable with Manabloc?

I'm designing the plumbing for our new home. I would like to use PEX with the Vanguard Manabloc home run system. I have a good local supplier for Wisbro pipe and fittings, but none for Viega. I remember reading something about the compatability between wisbro pipe and the manabloc but can't...
  9. bigwooo

Mini Split ducting inside walls

I'm about to start building a new home. Right now I don't know if I will be installing AC or not. If I do, it will be a mini split unit in a couple of the rooms. I'd like to avoid having the tubing etc. running up the outside and through the walls, instead, in case I do install the AC...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks