Wisbro PEX compatable with Manabloc?

Users who are viewing this thread

bigwooo

Reaction score
I'm designing the plumbing for our new home. I would like to use PEX with the Vanguard Manabloc home run system. I have a good local supplier for Wisbro pipe and fittings, but none for Viega. I remember reading something about the compatability between wisbro pipe and the manabloc but can't seem to find it anywhere.

Can Wisbro pipe be connected to the Manabloc somehow?

Are wisbro fittings good quality fittings?

If the wisbro won't work with the manabloc, I have no local suppliers for Viega products. Any internet supplier suggestions?

Thanks.

jdgoodman

Journeyman Plumber
Reaction score
Yes wirsbo does have good fittings in my opinion and they come in plastic or brass. They also produce manifolds, I would stick to the same brand the whole way through.

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
dont mix them

they have great black plastic fittings that
im my opinioni are better than useing brass...

I would not mix them myself,
---but I assume that the
pipe size has got to be exactly the same for both... I dont know why you cant,, but that would be your gamble....

I am buying 2 , 8 port copper manifold with
pre-installed stops to do a home next week..

they can be ordered up to 12 ports

bigwooo

Reaction score
Yes wirsbo does have good fittings in my opinion and they come in plastic or brass. They also produce manifolds, I would stick to the same brand the whole way through.

Thank you,

For some reason I was fixated on the Manabloc and never researched the Wisbro manifolds. I'll just stick to Wisbro all the way through.

My supplier stated that in California, where I live, there is a new law that won't allow any lead in the fittings. Apparently the Wisbro brass fittings used to have a small amount of lead in them. He says there is a huge difference in quality of the fittings he bought before the law, and those purchased after. He says the new ones don't appear to be as heavy or durable.

Has anyone experienced this? Is this company wide, or only in California?

If it's only California, I may be looking to order the fittings from another state.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks