Search results

1. Mudball

What is standard size PEX ?

For running supply lines to bathrooms and kitchen ? We dont have anything extra out of the ordinary. Bathroom is tub/shower, toilet, and sink. The kitchen will have sink and possible future dishwasher. So then would the 1/2" PEX supply lines be alright or would we need to consider larger ?
  2. Mudball

Floor drain or NO floor drain

We are going to be having a concrete slab poured. We currently are having some plumbing work done and the plumber asked me if I really needed a floor drain in the utility room. There will be the hot water heater in the utility room. It got me to thinking about what hj said in response to another...
  3. Mudball

Utility room floor drain slope

We will be having a utility room with a floor drain in a concrete pad. This room is 8' x 13'. How far below grade would you set the top of the floor drain to so there will be a gradual slope from the edge of the walls to the drain ? Im thinking between 3/4" to 1" and that would be around 1/8"...
  4. Mudball

Whole house filter and.........?

We are a good time away from this stage but I like to plan ahead. We are planning on a whole house filter and installing it directly above the utility sink. We dont believe we want a water softener at this time. The question is there a certain whole house filter system that we need to look for...
  5. Mudball

Cold weather glue

What is too cold to be using the priming and glue on pvc ?
  6. Mudball

Floor drain

We are having rough in drains for under slab. There is going to be a floor drain and it is not hooked to anything but rather just running out to daylight. It currently has a running p-trap that is going to be removed because we think it will cause trouble later. We still want to be able to keep...
  7. Mudball

Rough in done...opinions

Just so you understand that everything with an electrical gray 90 bend is nothing more than a chase pipe for a pex to be pushed through at a later time. I know that they are not necessary but I wanted them for that " what if " someday it needed to be replaced. The plumber said no extra cost so I...
  8. Mudball

pvc expansion collar ?

We will be having drain lines and vent pipes coming up through the concrete slab. Should I really worry about putting something around these to separate them from the concrete or just pour the concrete up around them ?
  9. Mudball

Hot and cold in same pipe ?

We just had a plumber do our rough in drains for the slab. There are two chase pipes that will be leaving the hot water heater from in the utility room and going down under the slab. One will be going to the bathroom and the other chase pipe will be going to the kitchen. I know we could have...
  10. Mudball

A change of plans

After the wife and I have considered the recirculating options and hearing so many different cost/saving methods that we are considering other options. The only fixture in our (not yet finished) house that we really would like to have fast flowing hot water at is our kitchen sink which happens...
  11. Mudball

Its now or never...decisions (Two questions)

We would like to consider hot water recirculation/pump. I dont think we will be installing anything after construction. What we have is new construction and will be having a concrete slab poured. The supply (PEX) lines will be ran under the slab through a chase pipe. The reason for the chase...
  12. Mudball

Changing from Dura Pex to Uponor

I have a plumber that I believe we are going to use. He priced me a job using Dura Pex but Im scared of it and was wanting to ask him about Uponor. My questions are does he need a different tool for Uponor and would he need training from them seeing how he has never installed it before or would...
  13. Mudball

Nibco Dura Pex questions

I have a plumber that I believe I want to use for my upcoming job. First I have some questions. I noticed he said he likes Nibco Dura Pex that he had in the back of his truck so I looked up theyre website and my question is what connections and fittings should I ask him to use ? Nibco has copper...
  14. Mudball

Vent size ?

I met a plumber I think I want to use but wanted to ask a question about something he said. He was telling me about wet and dry vents which I found interesting and he also told me about some codes in certain areas require a wet vent for each fixture. Well a long story short he told me that if he...
  15. Mudball

Minimum pressure test for drain lines ?

I will have some 4" main drain lines with other pipes connected to it for sinks, etc...and these drain lines will later be covered with concrete. I understand that these are drain lines and not under any pressure but my concern is any sewer leaking under the slab over time. There will be a vapor...
  16. Mudball

Typical drain pipe size for IPC code?

I was going to use 1-1/2" drain pipe for sinks, tub/shower, utility sink, and washing machine drain that will all lead into the 4" drain. My question is should I use a larger diameter like 2" or will the 1-1/2" be just fine ? IPC Plumbing Code International Plumbing Code...
  17. Mudball

Bigger and longer P-trap

I was wondering if I could install a larger and deeper/longer P-trap under a shower/tub unit for reasons of after a few years this unit will not be used as much and I would be concerned with it drying out. If this is possible then are there more draining problems with this kind of set up ...
  18. Mudball

Tips on tub/shower rough in

The wife and I have decided we want one piece shower/tub units. These will be placed against a concrete block wall. We are not real sure which exact model we want but I was wanting to know a pretty close rough in for the drain....are they all pretty close to the same ? Also I was thinking of...
  19. Mudball

replaceable water supply lines

We have new construction. There will be a concrete slab. I dont want to go through the attic space to go from the hot water heater to a bathroom across the hall. The bathroom wall will accommodate a 4" vent so there will enough room. My question is there some kind of flexible supply lines I can...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks