Cold weather glue

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by Mudball, Dec 12, 2009.

1. Mudball

Mudball New Member

What is too cold to be using the priming and glue on pvc ?
  2. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

I don't have a can handy. I am thinking it says 50º
  3. nhmaster

nhmaster Master Plumber

Take it inside at night and keep it fairly warm during the day, it's fine.
  4. Mudball

Mudball New Member

Thanks for the help. Im having a plumber change a few fittings on some drain pipes and I didnt know how concerned I should be with the below freezing temperatures as night but I guess as long as it has time to set through the day then they should be fine.
  5. shacko

shacko Master Plumber-Gas Fitter

You should check the can to see what the temp. range is. Oatey makes one thats good to 5 deg.
  6. Mudball

Mudball New Member

Thanks shacko I will have to see if I can find out what he uses. The temperatures have been great the last couple of days.