Changing from Dura Pex to Uponor

Users who are viewing this thread

Mudball

Reaction score
I have a plumber that I believe we are going to use. He priced me a job using Dura Pex but Im scared of it and was wanting to ask him about Uponor. My questions are does he need a different tool for Uponor and would he need training from them seeing how he has never installed it before or would I be better off finding someone who carries the product and is use to installing it ?

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
He does need a different tool.
Training takes about 5 minutes
I think that Uponor is a superior product but that battle rages on among manufacturers and plumbers.

Mudball

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. I like this plumber enough that I was thinking of telling him that I would split the cost of the different tool he would need if it doesnt cost too much. He is a fairly young/middle aged man that said he is a "old school copper guy" but has installed the Dura Pex on 6 or 7 different jobs and is really staring to like the PEX system in general. He also said that since we are doing a concrete slab that he would definitely use PEX. I sent Uponor an email to contact me with installers and we will see what they say. I will ask them about the plumber that I want to use and see what they have to say about that as well.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks