What is standard size pex ?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Mudball, Dec 27, 2009.

1. Mudball

Mudball New Member

For running supply lines to bathrooms and kitchen ? We dont have anything extra out of the ordinary. Bathroom is tub/shower, toilet, and sink. The kitchen will have sink and possible future dishwasher. So then would the 1/2" pex supply lines be alright or would we need to consider larger ?
  2. johnjh2o1

johnjh2o1 Plumbing Contractor for 49 years

Run 3/4' mains with 1/2" branches to each fixture. Avoid putting two fixtures on 1/2".

John
  3. Mudball

Mudball New Member

I think I understand. I want to make sure the plumber runs 3/4" hot/cold supply lines to the bathrooms but branches off from that 3/4 and go down to 1/2" for each individual fixture. Each bathroom will have toilet, sink, and shower so I guess 1/2" wont be enough to be a supply line for those three.
    Thanks for the help
  4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Pex

Who is doing the design work, you or the pumber? I do not ask my customers how to do my job.
  5. Mudball

Mudball New Member

hj I have sent you a pm.