Search results

1. Pitterpat

Wall sink Trap Adaptor

I had a plumber install a trap adaptor on my sink drain stub out. Problem is when I put the bell escutcheon on with the J-pipe the escutcheon isn't flush to the wall. Before I cut off something and then have to do further repair to the wall, tile and the pipe, I thought I'd ask here. What I'm...
  2. Pitterpat

Jet Pump with a stand

Need to replace my jet pump, 1/2 hp. I'm just looking for the pump right now...Not looking to debate or other stuff. Does anyone know of a pump that comes with or you can get a stand for it. I have the the 1950's jet pump on a stand. It is in the basement of my house and needs to be elevated...
  3. Pitterpat

Well pump squealing

Have the old timey original well pump. In the basement on a stand. I noticed today it is squealing when it is pumping. I think a bearing is going out. Suggestions of going on city water are out at this time, no budget for that. New pump, maybe but most well places around here want to do work on...
  4. Pitterpat

Drained water heater, flow worse

As the title says, I drained my water heater and the water flow got worse to the kitchen sink on the main floor. My water heater is in the basement, I have a one story house. Why is this and is there anyway to make it better other than getting a new water heater?
  5. Pitterpat

P-Trap, can I put this in like this?

Trying to finish up the bathroom remodel. I need to put in the P-trap from my shower pan. I have access to the plumbing from the basement (open ceiling). I've got 2 questions: 1. I'm wondering if I can do the P-trap like in the photo's I've attached. In the 3rd photo of course the P-trap won't...
  6. Pitterpat

Moen or Delta?

Trying to figure out which one is brand, Moen or Delta is best and most economical ( not cheap, I just don't want to spend an arm and a leg for it) for my application for a shower. Here's what the spec's are: Shower 36 x 66; shower head at front wall, 36" bench on back wall. You enter on one...
  7. Pitterpat

Elevating tub; bubble on level

Remodeling my bathroom and I turned my tub 90 deg. Now the tub runs perpendicular to the joists, meaning where the tub is located the drain goes across the joists and would need to be cut (hacked up) to run the drain. I have come up with the bright idea (maybe not too bright) of elevating the...
  8. Pitterpat

Re-plumb project thread.

Instead of asking more questions in that person's thread I decided to make my own. I've got questions about the following: How much room is needed to use the plastic bend supports when making 90 deg turns? I''m putting this plumbing up in the joists and I'm wondering when running the 3/4"...
  9. Pitterpat

Small leak

I installed as new kitchen sink and faucet this weekend. I have this small persistant leak where the P-trap comes together. I have all of the sslip joints as tight as I can get them and is is like a little drip every 10 - 15 minutes. Where it is circled in red. What causes this? Really how do...
  10. Pitterpat

Removing faucet from SS sink; nut coroded to underplate

I have a stainless steel sink that is not installed that I need to remove the existing faucet. The faucet is installed on the back side of the sink with some kind of cheap metal plate and a plumbing nut (thin, brass and something like 29/32nds). I have sprayed a ton of "Free All" and "Aero...
  11. Pitterpat

Manifold or not?

I am re-plumbing my house.....was my next project and got pushed way up because a pipe "stop" split this last week when my house did not have power for 54 hours. The pipe is to the bathtub that I don't use but I need to get this done. I have galvanized pipe for most of the house and I am on a...
  12. Pitterpat

Pex do's and don'ts

I am now finishing up the diagrams for the current plumbing pipes that install in my basement, it is a mess so it's taking me some time to re-create and clean up. It is mostly galvanized, I have open joists and now the pipes are below the joists. I plan on replacing most (not the copper) with...
  13. Pitterpat

belches out brown water

I notice that some times I have brown water in my toilet bowl, it teams tha only this toilet gets the brown water (2 toilets in house). I am on a well with a water softner. I have lived in the house for 18 mons. before that it was vacant for about 2 yrs (owner went to assisted living she was 88...
  14. Pitterpat

Zurn Pex or Seymour or neither

The plumbing supplier I use most stocks Zurn and Seymour pex. Are either one of these ok or should I stay with Uphonor pex or maybe another brand?
  15. Pitterpat

Re-plumbing house, runl Pex through joist or under the joists?

I bought a house 1 1/2 yrs ago that was built in 1956 so you know it has galvanized pipe for the water supply. I want to replace all of the plumbing pipes and am planning on using Pex and a manifold. Currently, the basement where the water supply enters the basement has an open ceiling and...
  16. Pitterpat

Water Brown / rusty color no smell

From this thread: https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?45071-Well-system-I-am-inheriting-with-house , you will see the legacy system I inherited with this house I bought. The house sat unoccupied for about 18-19 months. It has the original galvanized pipes and most of the plumbing...
  17. Pitterpat

Well system I am inheriting with house

Attached are pictures of a well system I am inheriting with a house I am buying in Indianapolis, IN. It is the original system from when the house was built in 1956, bladderless tank and well pump (Duro 3.5 GPM). The well is thought to be not very deep. I know that I should go on city water...
  18. Pitterpat

Problem with washer draining / water backing up.

Had a problem with washer draining last night, I was not here at the time but saw the aftermath. It was in the 1st spin cycle and draining. Water came up out of the floor drain, the washer got turned off and water stopped coming out of the floor drain. Then about 5-10 minutes later bubbles...
  19. Pitterpat

Re- gluing ? re-melting PVC w/ PVC solvent

Can you re-glue or Re-solvent or reuse a PVC fitting that has come loose? Or is it better to cut it all out and start over w/ new fittings (45, straight PVC)?
  20. Pitterpat

Diverter stuck??

Looked at a shower that the knob on the shower diverter will not work. I think this is a Delta, but I know the diverter knob is on top of the tub faucet spout. Is this fixable or should the tub faucet spout be replaced? Thanks, Pat
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks