Small leak

Users who are viewing this thread

Pitterpat

HandyWOMAN
Reaction score
I installed as new kitchen sink and faucet this weekend. I have this small persistant leak where the P-trap comes together. I have all of the sslip joints as tight as I can get them and is is like a little drip every 10 - 15 minutes. Where it is circled in red. What causes this? Really how do I stop it, I can't put things back under the cabinet until I stop the leak. Thanks!

Attachments

• Plumbing Leak 1.jpg
    Plumbing Leak 1.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 371

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
On a p-trap with swivel, the first slip joint nut and washer that gets snugged is the swivel.
1) Put a pan under there to catch water
2) Loosen all three slip joint nuts. the swivel location, the wall end and the upper one that goes to the sink drain.
3) Snug the swivel nut first.
4) Then snug the other two nuts.

Last edited:

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
The picture may not be perfect, but from the picture, it looks like the arm goes up in an slight angle, creating less than a perfect seal at the joint.
If you can't plumb the rising arm from the trap to the wall, try to rebuild your drain from the disposer side.

Reach4

Reaction score
I wonder if the nut at the leak is cross threaded.

Pitterpat

HandyWOMAN
Reaction score
On a p-trap with swivel, the first slip joint nut and washer that gets snugged is the swivel.
1) Put a pan under there to catch water
2) Loosen all three slip joint nuts. the swivel location, the wall end and the upper one that goes to the sink drain.
3) Snug the swivel nut first.
4) Then snug the other two nuts.
Will do..I'll post when done. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks