Search results

1. Thinkly

Voltage on ground

I am replacing some outlets in the kitchen. I tested the ground with my voltage tester and it is indicating voltage. What could cause this?
  2. Thinkly

What are these boxes above the panel?

Can anyone tell me what these boxes above the panel might be? Looking at a house with my son and have never seen anything quite like it.
  3. Thinkly

Installing dishwasher. Does this shutoff look ok?

Thanks for the reply. I ordered an olive puller today in case things don’t work out. But current plan is to try and just attach new supply to it.
  4. Thinkly

Installing dishwasher. Does this shutoff look ok?

I am installing a new dishwasher. Does this valve look ok or should I replace? https://ibb.co/9gzrc8m https://ibb.co/Hqq5d43 https://ibb.co/8rvC260
  5. Thinkly

Main shut off is stuck

I am just going to leave it alone and wait until I can get the main shut off at the street turned off. As Kenny Rogers said, “you gotta know when to hold ‘em and when to fold ‘em”
  6. Thinkly

Main shut off is stuck

I have a main shutoff in my home that I have discovered won’t budge. I exerted quite a bit of force and it didn’t move. I didn’t want to get crazy and cause a flood. Any ideas on how to get it to move?
  7. Thinkly

Advice needed on handling issue with HVAC company. Misdiagnosed problem. Who pays?

No. Nothing in writing. All verbal. Well technically the price was quoted to me via text message.
  8. Thinkly

Advice needed on handling issue with HVAC company. Misdiagnosed problem. Who pays?

I have run into an unusual situation with a local HVAC company and I need advice. I am incurring what I perceive as unfair charges based on a failed diagnosis by a representative of said local company. Here is what happened: Early last week I noticed that water was collecting at the base of...
  9. Thinkly

Installing Kitchen faucet into single hole granite.

I understand that. I have just never installed a faucet without some form of sealant around the housing/counter interface.
  10. Thinkly

Installing Kitchen faucet into single hole granite.

I am getting ready to install a new Moen faucet into our granite counter top. The faucet comes with a plastic (looks like to me) gasket that sits between the faucet and the counter. The instructions say nothing about using putty or silicone, they just show the gasket. I called Moen and talked to...
  11. Thinkly

How to plumb drain for this.

I am switching from a double bowl to a single bowl sink. The garbage disposal will move to the center of the sink/cabinet. What PVC connectors shall I use to best complete this? Notice the drain comes out of the wall at an angle. Thanks for any help.
  12. Thinkly

Installing faucet on new granite.

We are having new granite tops installed. I have a new single hole faucet. I have read that plumbers putty stains granite, however putty is all I have ever used. Should I be concerned?
  13. Thinkly

Blue Green stain- From coil?

I hope this new pic helps... It is just leaking, where you see the blue/green stain, nowhere else. I had someone suggest that possibly the pvc drain fitting is leaking...
  14. Thinkly

Sorry for the confusing photo. Hope this helps. PICTURE TAKEN LOOKING DOWN ON THE DRAIN PIPE FROM ABOVE. What do you mean by open up the secondary port? I have never done PVC work, so maybe hamstrung here? Can I just go the where the pvc enters the floor drain and try to suck it out with shop...
  15. Thinkly

Are you referring to my picture or his?
  16. Thinkly

I am pretty HVAC illiterate, so please forgive me. What is this green type stain that appears to have leaked out of the "coil" and has left a blue green stain. Also it has made a rust spot on the furnace. The picture is taken looking down on the furnace from the coil. Thanks for any help.
  17. Thinkly

LUX TX9000TS Thermostat. Made AC run all night long.

I have a LUX TX9000TS that is about two years old. I have never had any trouble with it till lately. The first time I switched it to AC this season it seemed like it didn't want to kick the AC on, although it eventually did and then continued to operate normally for several days. The weather...
  18. Thinkly

Limited in local water heater selection....what to do?

Plumber coming tomorrow to install a Rheem for $850.00 total. Ouch!:eek:
  19. Thinkly

Limited in local water heater selection....what to do?

I am needing to replace my leaking State Water Heater. I live in a smaller community and it looks like my GAS water heater options are Richmond, Whirlpool and Kenmore? I can't really find anything positive online or on these forums about any of these brands. So what to do? I read that Richmond...
  20. Thinkly

Cost to extend gas line in garage?

I have a newer home built in 2001. The garage is insulated and there is an existing natural gas line coming into the garage from the house. It is about 3 " from the ceiling, comes through the wall about 5" and is capped. I want to tap into this line and add a ventless heater for occasional use...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks