How to plumb drain for this.

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by thinkly, May 14, 2013.

1. thinkly

thinkly New Member

I am switching from a double bowl to a single bowl sink. The garbage disposal will move to the center of the sink/cabinet. What PVC connectors shall I use to best complete this? Notice the drain comes out of the wall at an angle. Thanks for any help.

IMG_0028.jpg
  2. cacher_chick

cacher_chick Test, Don't Guess!

Chances are that to do it right the bend off the wall will have to be cut off. If it's PVC in the wall, the tee might can be bored out with a ram-bit so that a new trap adapter can be installed at the wall.
  3. Hammerlane

Hammerlane New Member

I had similar situation to you. Went from double bowl to single bowl. we had to cut the stub out and and a 45 before the trap adaptor to get things to line up. looks like you may need to eliminate your 45.

Here are the before pics. Note the stub out is coming straight out of wall.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 16, 2013
  4. Hammerlane

Hammerlane New Member

Here are the after photos when single bowl sink was installed.

Attached Files: