Search results

1. SD44

Two fruit trees needed to pollinate?

Just planted a red delicious apple tree a couple weeks ago. I'm told now that it needs a second tree to cross pollinate from, if it is to ever make fruit. Is this true for every type of fruit tree?
  2. SD44

PVC to copper coupler wont seal

Guys, I've replaced the "gator bite" coupler that connects my plastic line to the copper line going into my house about 3 times. It always drips on the copper side. Looking at the pic, I know you see some bends in the copper line, but the last two inches that go into the couple is straight...
  3. SD44

Need advice: removing bathtub plunger

Guys, My tub has the attached metal plunger that has a rod going down into the drain. I've been having some drainage problems with the tub, and want to run a snake down through it. How do I remove this type of plunger?
  4. SD44

Help: Explorer won't load any sites

I was browsing around on my home pc last night with no problems, while loading some pics from my scanner. All of a sudden, no websites would load. Every site I tried to pull up gave me the ole "windows explorer cannot display this page" message. I rebooted, didn't work. did an antivirus update...
  5. SD44

Tin roof questions

Guys, are there any links that are a "how to" to add a tin roof to your home? My house currently has one layer of shingles, and I want to put a nice red tin roof on it this fall. I'd just like a link or something that would walk me through the how-to's, especially about how to deal with the...
  6. SD44

My hot water stinks

I have a periodic but often problem of my hot water stinking, smelling alittle like sewage. My first thought would be problems with our local water supply, but IT'S ONLY THE HOT WATER. Not the cold water. And the hot water doesn't stink when you first turn it on and cool water is coming out...
  7. SD44

Riding mower breaking belts

Guys, my riding mower has started a belt-breaking habit. At first I started having to replace the belt once a month. After a couple times of that it became every two weeks. Now it's every mow. All blades and pulleys seem to turn fine and free. The belt is scorching hot everytime it breaks...
  8. SD44

About to get a new central unit.....

We are having a new unit installed next week, it's Tempstar, made by Carrier. Any opinions on quality?
  9. SD44

Internet provider for rural areas?

We moved outside of town about 10 miles. I'd like to get internet, but don't want to get dial-up and don't want to pay $70 a month for it. Anyone know of any providers that are reasonable? AT&T has a service for $37.50, which is the price range I want, but they don't offer it in my area.
  10. SD44

Bumblebees drilling holes in my shop frame

I'm sure some of you will laugh just reading this, but I'm seriously having a problem of bumblebees boring holes in my 2X6's in my shop roof. Looks like someone took a 3/8" drillbit and drill holes in random places. Any of you guys have a trick to keep these big ole bees away?
  11. SD44

3 phase vs. 2 phase?

Guys, my dad is sort of a jack of all trades, and alot of times I just have to take his word on things because I'm not, especially with electricity. I live in a rural area about 10 miles out of town. We obviously have 2 phase at our house. We just moved here, and I have a shop with no...
  12. SD44

guys, need PC help

Got home yesterday, and my computer had a black screen with only the following in the top left corner: NTLDR is missing Press any key to start Obviously i pressed a key, and the message would disappear for a second then come back. I tried rebooting several times, too, and it...
  13. SD44

Don't use extension cord for freezer?

We bought a new upright freezer. With where we're wanting to put it, we need to use an extension cord. The maintenance man who works at my wife's workplace told her that using an extension cord for our freezer would mess up the motor.:confused: That makes no sense to me, is there anything...
  14. SD44

dishwasher won't stop running

guys, we just moved in another house that had a dishwasher. the dishwasher works fine, it cleans the dishes and runs through it's normal cycle; but once it completes the cycle, it just starts a new one again and again. what we end up having to do is keep an eye on it, and when it finishes...
  15. SD44

Refrigerator problem: freezer keeps defrosting

Guys, we moved into a new house and bought a used fridge. Everything works fine, but for some reason about once a week the freezer thaws everything out, then starts back freezing the next day. I figured there must be some defrost control somewhere that is on, but I've looked everywhere...
  16. SD44

Need septic tank/leeching pipe advice

well i'm alittle embarassed because you city guys won't understand that things are different for people that live deep in the country, we don't have a city sewer system like you guys, lol. Okay, I live in a very rural area, you could say I live in the sticks, lol. anyways, My septic tank is...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks