Tin roof questions

Users who are viewing this thread

SD44

Reaction score
Guys, are there any links that are a "how to" to add a tin roof to your home? My house currently has one layer of shingles, and I want to put a nice red tin roof on it this fall. I'd just like a link or something that would walk me through the how-to's, especially about how to deal with the vent pipes coming out of the roof. Any help?

Cookie

Reaction score
I haven't seen it here, but that is not to say it isn't. But, I have seen it at This old House online, I subscribe to it, but, I think you should be able to see it there, if no one here can help. Or can't find it here. I would think it would look great but it might be awfully expensive. My house is old and has a tin ceiling in the diningroom and I wanted to do the kitchen in tin and when I priced it, I changed my mind really quick. But, I love it.

http://www.thisoldhouse.com/toh/

Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Kynar coated aluminum roofing can come with a 50-year plus warranty. SOme are better than others and don't pro-rate it. Look at a Pizza Hut building. There are all sorts of standing seam, and fake shake and other styles out there.

delta d

Reaction score
Man love the sound of the rain on a tin roof. Be sure to get one that coated every so often cause that would muffle the sound,you don't want that.I have done some tin roofs in my days and would suggest you don't take any short cuts. tear off that old shingle roof,re-roll it .

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks