guys, need PC help

Users who are viewing this thread

SD44

Reaction score
Got home yesterday, and my computer had a black screen with only the following in the top left corner:

NTLDR is missing

Press any key to start

Obviously i pressed a key, and the message would disappear for a second then come back. I tried rebooting several times, too, and it just went back to that message. Anyone know what's wrong?

theelviscerator

Reaction score
excellent website for that problem..

most likely its either corruption, or a bios issue...and usually people don't get into their bioses...unless they want problems....

ejf

Reaction score
bad hd

Don't know if you found a solution, but this is almost certainly a) a corrupt sector on your hard drive that prevents a startup file from being loaded when windows is booting or b) a virus/trojan that has corrupted one of these files.

In a) you can try booting from your windows install disk and choosing Repair to reinstall the needed files.

In b), you'll need an antivirus recovery disk (symantec, macafee, etc.).

SD44

Reaction score
I just used the XP disc I used to upgrade a few years ago, and chose for it to repair damages.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks