My hot water stinks

Users who are viewing this thread

SD44

Reaction score
I have a periodic but often problem of my hot water stinking, smelling alittle like sewage. My first thought would be problems with our local water supply, but IT'S ONLY THE HOT WATER. Not the cold water. And the hot water doesn't stink when you first turn it on and cool water is coming out; it only stinks once if finally gets hot.

Someone had told me that my water heater may be bad, but I've never heard of this happening to anyone else. Is it possible my water heater is doing this?

protech

Master plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.protechplumbing.biz
Install a zinc/tin/aluminum alloy anode and/or install a chlorine injection system.

An extreme but guaranteed solution would be to replace the unit with an anode-less heater such as a Rheem marathon (plastic tank) or a tankless heater.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks