Search results

1. Nothingeverworks

Can't find small leak in new bathroom sink faucet

I installed a new bathroom faucet and new PVC p-trap to drain pipe. Hand tightened everything. There seems to be a small leak somewhere but I can't see anything even when I run the water for several minutes. But after a while, after the faucet is turned off, I will find a few drops of water...
  2. Nothingeverworks

Trouble tightening nut on pop-up assembly on bath pedestal faucet

I'm replacing an old faucet on my bathroom pedestal sink. There is a very slight leak at the pop-up assembly nut and have to tighten it. But I am unable to get in there and tighten the nut due to the limited accessibility of pedestal sinks and coming from behind it. I've tried different wrenches...
  3. Nothingeverworks

Can't tighten nut for flexible hoses to the faucet inlets

All three hoses for my kitchen faucet go into and connect in the main body of the faucet. There are no 6 - 12" inch extension pipes from the faucet head that are typical. I'm having great difficulty tightening he middle nut that that connects the side spray as there is no room to get a wrench...
  4. Nothingeverworks

Do I need to replace my wax?

the bolts holding my toilet to the flange were a little loose and as result the toilet rocks just a bit. It also moved about ½-inch. Should I replace the wax seal even if I don't see water or if there is no noticeable odor?
  5. Nothingeverworks

Problem with faucet install

I'm hoping someone can help me with this dilemma. I'm trying to install a new faucet with 8" centers. A supply valves for the cold and hot water goes to the handle. From there a second supply valve goes to a T-connector which the spout connects also to. The T-connector must be connected to the...
  6. Nothingeverworks

any difference between gas and propane tankless water heater?

I'm making the change to a tankless water heater. Just wondering if there are any differences between gas and propane outside of the obvious storage and supply issue. thanks
  7. Nothingeverworks

Kitchen sink leak... insinkerator?

I'm having problem figuring out where the water in the cabinet below the kitchen sink is coming from. I've run water.. doesn't look like it's any of the pipes, nor does it look to be coming from under the sink (new sink I installed last summer and caulked with silicone caulk) or from the...
  8. Nothingeverworks

Flapper leaking on AS Lexington 1-piece

The flapper is worn and needs o be replaced. Can I just replace the black rubber or does the whole flapper kit need to be replaced?
  9. Nothingeverworks

rerouting kitchen sink water pipes through wall

I'm installing new cabinets. The hot and cold water pipes currently come through the floor. I would prefer having them come out of the wall and not cutting holes in the cabinet floor. My concern is ensuring that my soldering job was good and the new pipe connections don't leak. Is there any...
  10. Nothingeverworks

Bowl Wax Ring Seal

Stupid me... i should have checked the level before putting on the wax ring and setting it down. When I slid a couple of shims after setting the bowl down I heard a pop which I imagine was the wax ring seal. How do I know if I broke the seal? Should I play it safe, remove the toilet and...
  11. Nothingeverworks

Penn box on kitchen cold water pipe?

I suppose Penn is the manufacturer. It has electrical wires. (pics below) Does anyone happen to know what it is or it's purpose? Thanks
  12. Nothingeverworks

Change this kitchen drain pipe or not bother

I am changing out my kitchen sink and faucet. Trying to decide whether to change the drain pipe. Takes up a lot of space but am undecided whether it's worth the bother or not and also concerned about the lack of pipe. i would need to cut it right at the wall.
  13. Nothingeverworks

Grout repair question

I'm repairing some of the grout on the tiles around my tub that has come lose or has been pushed into the wall. The problem is only in the corners. There seems to be a lot of space in the corner where the tiles meet that needs to be refilled with grout. I'm talking about the space behind the...
  14. Nothingeverworks

Drip drip drip

there is probably an easy answer to this question. i just removed my bathroom vanity and faucet. And of course I completely turned off the water supply valves first. Unfortunately one of the valves won't stop dripping. (I did leave the the braided connectors attached to the supply valves but...
  15. Nothingeverworks

Perm. removed light. what do i do with wires?

I removed a light fixture and want to plaster the wall hole. I put caps on the wire ends. can I just push them through and close up the holes or is there something more i need to do? Thanks
  16. Nothingeverworks

How to check transformer operational

okay i admit it: i'm a total knob. i'm trying to figure out if it's the transformer or the component that is not operational. I disconnected the transformer. how do i check to see if it's the culprit before spending money on a new transformer? thanks
  17. Nothingeverworks

Newbie can stop leak on new plastic outlet waste center

I am putting in a new plastic 1.5" center outlet waste on a laundry sink. This is supposed to be simple plumbing stuff but of course it's not working for me. Both sides are leaking at the same joint -- the top most nut on the tail piece of the drain/strainer. I am wondering if it's because of...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks