Problem with faucet install

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
I'm hoping someone can help me with this dilemma. I'm trying to install a new faucet with 8" centers.

A supply valves for the cold and hot water goes to the handle. From there a second supply valve goes to a T-connector which the spout connects also to.

The T-connector must be connected to the spout first. Then the supply valves from the cold and hot.
When I tighten the T-connector it aligns perpendicular to the back wall. That leaves me with very little space and not enough to connect the hot and cold water valves. Ideally I need to get the T-connector to sit parallel to the back wall to give me the room I need to connect the supply valves.

If I don't tighten the connector completely it leaks. (I was hoping pipe thread sealant which is the goop you see in the picture might work but unfortunately it still leaked)

I tried a add a 6" extension to the spout thread to lower the t-connection but it interferes with the sink pop-up assembly.

Save returning the faucet and getting something else does anyone have any suggestions for this?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Plumber69

In the Trades
Reaction score
I think I know what you mean, if thats the same faucet I installed, you would tighten the tee connecter in the nipple first, then aline it how you want and screw the faucet in from the top, then tighten the nut below.

Reaction score
I can't screw the spout in after because there is not enough room for the spout to rotate 360-degrees. It will hit the back wall.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The spout tee should have come with a rubber washer.
Those are straight threads, not tapered.

Also, most places you put plumbers tape are not where you would use tape or dope.
Take for instance the lav supplies. They come with washers at both ends.
Where you fit up to the handles, those normaly have O-rings. If there is an O-Ring, why the tape?

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies.

The sink did not come with a washer nor did the instructions call for one on the spout tee.

The instructions specified tape on all male connectors so that's what I did.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
What brand of faucet? I've never heard of instructions requiring tape.

And there has never been instructions to use tape instead of the seals that come with lav supplies.

Reaction score
Kingston Brass. I'm not making it up. The instructions say to use tape.

Anyway I returned the faucet. thanks for the help

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks