Search results

1. Scott99

PVC coupler

Greetings, I'm replacing my PVC pipe that feeds my irrigation system. It's the PVC piece that comes from the anti-syphon valve and goes into the ground then elbows out. I want to replace just the exposed piece with copper. No problems with getting the copper into the ground with a copper...
  2. Scott99

Tub replacement

Greetings, I'm replacing an alcove tub/shower. I've already demo'd the old, squared and plumbed the walls in prep for the tile setup as well as replaced the valve. I was hoping to find a new tub with the same demensions as the one I removed but am not having any luck. I wanted to do...
  3. Scott99

fitting redo??

Greetings, I just completed soldering in a new shower valve. I noticed on the back side of one of my elbows there was no obvious solder buildup that I'm used to seeing. I wire brushed off all the flux in that area and using a mirror I can see solder in the fitting all the way around, just...
  4. Scott99

flange extender over slab

my existing flange is level or 1/8 below my finished floor. I have a Oatey 1/4 extender that I am considering to install, or may just go with a thick wax ring. the extender has a bit of a cone rim that fits into the existing flange and is very snug and flexes some when pushed down into the...
  5. Scott99

correct faucet hose

I just installed a new faucet and the hose thread on it is 1/2inch with a flat end, I think this is requires a compression end hose. the only hoses I have been able to find both have FIP ends. Can I use this hose or do I need to find a 1/2FIP x 1/2Comp? thanks Scott
  6. Scott99

copper pipe straps

can I use regular screws with copper pipe straps, or do they need to be brass screws?
  7. Scott99

wacked pipe

okay, so I get my new therm mixer soldered in, out of the top port up about 6in a valve. no pipe yet on the output side. the valve has the plastic rough in depth extension install. the mixer has threaded ports. I'm on a ladder working on shower head fitting and while getting down I wack the...
  8. Scott99

soldering soft copper

I was just reading an article that said you can't solder soft copper but need to use a flare or compression joint. Is that correct? I just cut out a section that was soldered with a coupler connecting soft to rigid and was planning on doing the same thing. I also noticed that my Autocut...
  9. Scott99

mixer rough in?

I'm about to rough in my new shower mixer and was planning on coming from my hot and cold feeds via 90 degree elbow to the mixer. I noticed on my old valve they connected it via tees instead of elbows and the top connection of the tee was just connected to about a 8inch pipe then capped. was...
  10. Scott99

which solder?

I'm working on a shower and have done a few joints using Dutch-Boy lead free solder, but am wondering if I should be using 95/5 solder? is there a difference in strenght or reliability? I'm also looking to switch to a tinning flux and noticed C-Flux is rated for 95/5, 60/40, etc.., but does...
  11. Scott99

Thread sealants

I'm in the process of a shower redo and am looking for some first hand feedback on thread sealant. I'm looking at either Rectorseal t+2, or Rectorseal Tru-Blu. I'm sure both will work fine, but am looking for someone experienced with both. Also I've been using a non-tinning flux, but...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks