wacked pipe

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by scott99, Feb 13, 2007.

1. scott99

scott99 New Member

okay, so I get my new therm mixer soldered in, out of the top port up about 6in a valve. no pipe yet on the output side. the valve has the plastic rough in depth extension install. the mixer has threaded ports.

I'm on a ladder working on shower head fitting and while getting down I wack the plastic extension pretty hard with my knee.... I'm sure it flexed the pipe to some point, and now I'm worried that I stressed or fractured the joints and may get a leak. Its been under pressure for two days and so far so good.

Is this something I should be concerned with and should redo that section, or just consider it stress tested and move on??
  2. Cass

Cass Plumber

No....continue on.
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

valve

You probably did more damage to your knee than to the valve. If it is not leaking and you do not see any bent piping, don't worry about it.
  4. scott99

scott99 New Member

thanks, those comments help put my mind at ease. three days, so far so good...