2008 ..... Pig Slop Award.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Mikept

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
So why did the homeowner call you? Did z trap clog up all up or did they get tired of the tuned sewer exhaust?

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
The insinkerator was toothless and the entire tubular drain was packed with unground food. I eliminated the disposer and redid the tubular drain pipes. The z-pipe was packed!

Mikept

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
The insinkerator was toothless and the entire tubular drain was packed with unground food. I eliminated the disposer and redid the tubular drain pipes. The z-pipe was packed!

Does the two or three stage insinkerators pass food through when they get old?

Id rather have the disposer clog and back up then pass food into the pipes when it stops working correctly.

A house doesnt have to be that nice to be worth a million dollars at the shore. A friend of mine's parents live in an old house in westport. I do think its funny when you see really bad stuff like that in very large and well furnished million dollar homes. I had a guy with slightly more money than brains who thought he knew everything, building his own house. For example in the grand entrance the side coat closet doors open 40deg before hitting large glass light fixtures. Narrowish 12 foot high hallways with tiny crown molding etc etc. Its usually never worth the hassle of working for people like that, they change the job and add after you start and its everything is your fault.

Lakee911

I&C Engineer (mostly WWTP)
Reaction score
Plumbing_-_Improper_Drain_Repairs_fs.jpg

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
Lake 911 THAT is nice....

I think that this one is close to first in the running from Lake911

the creativity, the "hill-billey resourcefulness"

not just useing a couple of flexible extension tubes to
rig up a tub drain, that alone puts it in a class by itself,

but the use of plumbers putty and duct
tape to seal off the job......

the duct tape appears to be at least a good half inch thick on that pipe......

when do you know you have used enough.....

skill with duct tape like this is something that simply cant be taught.....

then top it off with the wintergreen paint.....oh my, and is that an old
lead riser I see going up to the lavaroty???

what materials were involved here??? Pvc, duct tape, putty, lead and paint...

that paint might have covered up and hidden some real .
workmanship. way down the line.....

I think that you need to get a wider shot of the complete "plumbing mosaic" here

if only their were some black electrical tape or some
kind of bailing wire hanging off the work to cut someone up that was passing by.........

very good entry....

Last edited:

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Now thats starting to get real purdy there... Still no cigar compared to what I see down in the ghetto next door to the boarded up crack house. I've got to get that new camera soon so I can so I can show some of the finest pig slop plumbing ever done.

Mike,
The multi grind Insinkerators have a stainless steel grinding chamber vs. the Badger 1 and 5's galv. steel chamber. The stainless steel does not disappear like the galv. does.

Westport and the gold coast down in Fairfield County is for people that don't like to have bang for the buck. Smart money comes up to Old Saybrook, Westbrook area where the $1M will get you a decent sized house on more than a postage stamp lot with beach rights and a short walk to the beach.

http://yahoo.realtyview.com/details/start.aspx?propid=01000M9108422&vip=yahoo!+idx

Last edited:

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
That ribbed flex tube was truly ingenious.

It allows a person to easily disconnect the tub for snaking and flexing to meet the snake from below...and allows the snake to go backward into the trap and tub area...BRYLLIANT!!!!!

The true test though can only be ascertained in a lab where the duct tape area can be cut and examined to see if silicone was applied properly before the duct tape was applied...this would insure years of leak free usage.

MG

Reaction score
Just a side note...

Terry (or some other moderator) could you make this a sticky so it stays up top? It's only February and the thread will grow...

Lakee911

Reaction score
I currently have a project at an Ohio wastewater treatment plant that has some combobulations of copper, PVC, garden hose, radiator hose, and stainless steel flex for pump seal water. I'll try to snap a pic next time I go. :)

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Hmmmm I think there ought to be a rule against internet searches of pig slop... How about that Mark & Terry? Should just be stuff that is new found! If it didn't pass through the lense of your digital camera its not eligible.

Thats a cute little SS trap though.
That home inspection site where you found the bathtub drain had another one I liked.
This picture of the 4" cast iron raceway to the basement.

Plumbing_-_Hole_in_vent_pipe_fs.jpg

Last edited:

Bob NH

In the Trades
Reaction score
This picture of the 4" cast iron raceway to the basement.

Plumbing_-_Hole_in_vent_pipe_fs.jpg

With the EMT that must be Chicago. The fire-rated wall-board (guaranteed to make your arson project successful after your insurance is fully in effect) is also a nice touch.

That must be a special version of "Chicago BX" that is rated for wet locations. I suspect that it is providing power to a heated bidet on the lower level.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Yea but its all internet search pig slop!

Lakee needs to get out there and get some original fresh stuff!

Lakee911

Reaction score
Boo! I'm an electrical engineer. I don't come across very much plumbing in my days. The original link said come across in your travels, well surfing the web is my traveling :)

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Well then maybe you need to start an electrical pig slop thread...

Maybe use this to start it!

idiots.jpg

Lakee911

Reaction score
Maybe its an optical illusion, but it would appear that the floor is sagging too.

I'm assuming its for a shower, and with that hole in the floor in the OSB, it has to be pretty bouncy!

I would have come down with an offset drain, maybe even changed to 1-1/2" if need to be (I know, not to code) and came down next to the joist and then put my trap and head underneith the joists to where they tie in to the wall.

If that couldn't have been done, I at least wouldn't have cut the bottom flange of the joist.

Jason

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks