Zurn mop sink drain assembly

Users who are viewing this thread

RCbuilds

Reaction score
The Zurn mop sink I am installing offers no assistance on where the gaskets that come with the drain kit are to be placed. Along with the drain assembly, there is one rubber gasket and one cardboard friction washer. It is basically a giant no caulk shower drain

The assembly instructions seem to show the rubber gasket on the sink side. I’m my experience, every drain I’ve installed similar to this has silicone or putty on the top of the sink with the rubber gasket and friction washer on the underside. Zurn offered no assistance on this when I contacted their product support. They were just as confused as I was?

Has anyone installed this type of sink before and, if so, do you typically put the drain assembly in a bed of silicone, then put the gaskets on the bottom, like a tub/shower drain? Thanks I’m advance for the help!

4FB012A9-5CED-4579-AA35-C7A78B604E58.jpeg

James Henry

In the Trades
Reaction score
You probably just put dish soap around the outside of the drain pipe and the inside and outside of the rubber gasket then tap it down around the pipe until it is just below the top of the drain. If the strainer cover has slots on the side set it on the posts and turn.

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
The drain is usually built into the mop sink.

Does yours have just a hole with a drain assembly? If so you'd install the drain assembly to the mop sink with the flat rubber washer on thr bottom side of the sink and tighten it down with silicone or plumbers putty on the top side of the drain. Then slide the assembled drain and sink over the protruding pipe. Then seal the interior of the drain with either a doughnut or a threaded compression type seal.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks